exam strategy (+ bit of prediction fun)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bob1892

Re: exam strategy (+ bit of prediction fun)

Post by Bob1892 »

Of course there's a degree of speculation and its dependent on variables but if you trust your dc to give you an honest appraisal of the test you can make a fairly decent stab at the score.
This year might be a different kettle of fish though :?
Regards
Bob Houdini :)
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

nervousmom wrote:PP, as you have managed to get more info from your DC than I seem to have got from mine! Do to have a rough idea of how many questions there were in total, or the base from where you worked?

I've been working on a base of 300 :? DD reckons she missed 2 or 3 and guessed about 20. So 300 - 23 puts her down to 277. We have assumed that she got 73.4% of the questions right that she answered(this was the average score of the 5 mock exams she did) and have assumed that of the 20 guessed, 25% would be right, giving her a raw score of 208! ( however if out of 310 she would get 215, out of 320 she would get 222, out of 330 would be 229 and so on)

There is a lot of room for error with my theory :shock:

If anyone can expand on this it would be useful :)
More like around 200 questions in total
MSD

Post by MSD »

Nervousmom - A raw score of 73.4% has traditionally been pretty good and will get you into most of KE's. But I have a feeling that this might go up this year.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

This all sounds like the science of Astrology and reading all those horoscopes as to what will happen during the day or month or year.These predictions being based upon where the stars and planets are in the night sky at that particular time of year.Forgetting by the time the light has reached Earth from these objects these celestial bodies are in completely different positions and indeed may no longer exist.

I appreciate as parents these are anxious times and I hope you are seriously underestimating your guesstimates. :) :)Best of luck everyone.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

200 questions is not helpful :?

I'm hoping Jupiter and Saturn were in line with Mars and Pluto , or the other way round :lol:

If I select her best 3 mocks, the average was 80% - I think I'll pretend the other 2 mocks didn't exist :lol:
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Where did you get 300 from? Has your daughter said 300 questions? Does not tally with the detail times and numbers I have but can't post details, times and numbers until safe to do so.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Just a total guess!!!!
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys are taking conjecture to a new level.......
I suppose it kills a little time (or a lot- as you are really getting technical - way over my head!!!)
.... right i have to stay away from this forum for a bit as i am seriously getting no work done whatsoever. :lol:

Haha its definitely a lot more lively than it has been in the last few weeks!
MSD

Post by MSD »

Petitpois wrote:
Question to forum - is the optimal exam strategy to work through questions as quickly as possible and then just guess remaining ones when time is running out????
Yes, that was the advice given to us. With 30 seconds left, mark B on all unanswered questions :) Don't know why B though :?
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I'm enjoying the light entertainment, stops me pulling my hair out :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now