Cut off scores Queen Mary

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MSD

Re: Cut off scores Queen Mary

Post by MSD »

Is 309 the last pick from waiting list or the initial cut-off?
um

Post by um »

My understanding (I cannot confirm right now) is that it was the initial cut-off on offer day.
MSD

Post by MSD »

OK great! - Seems too low for initial cut-off.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

MSD wrote:Is 309 the last pick from waiting list or the initial cut-off?
The initial cut off when offers of places were made in March 2015.

The information of cut off and waiting list for 2014 is accurate for QM girls namely 316 initial cut off and 309 off the waiting list. Similarly for WGHS the offer of 318 in 2014 and 316 cut off is accurate and the offer mark of 321 for 2015 is accurate as confirmed by the school directly when I spoke to them last year.

I am suprised and shocked QM girls mark was as low as 309 and it will probably be lower from the waiting list.

Posts crossed
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
MSD

Post by MSD »

quasimodo wrote:

QM girls namely 316 initial cut off and 309 off the waiting list.
So it is off waiting list thanks
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

MSD wrote:
quasimodo wrote:

QM girls namely 316 initial cut off and 309 off the waiting list.
So it is off waiting list thanks

Not for the cohort for entry in September 2015.It was in 2014 I am sorry if my posts were not clear.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Please look at the other threads.The correct position for QM girls is an offer mark for 2015 of 319 and their is someone waiting at number 5 on the waiting list with 315 for entry to join the cohort in September 2015.

Abraham Lincoln
nasirkhan

Post by nasirkhan »

Hi, We currently live near Heathrow airport and planning to move to Wolverhampton by next year summer. Today, we recieved letters from all three girls grammar shcools (QMGS, NGHS and WGHS), and her score is 316. Anyone knows whether she is likely to get admission or not? QMGS suggesting to put her name in local authority preference form, whereas NGHS and WGHS recommending to put their names in the local council application form they said like 'based on score we would strongly encourage you..'. I don't know whether this is just part of template letter and it is included for all letters or do they really think my daughter have chance to get admission in their school. The other thing I am not sure is, whether we being out of area at the moment will impact council's decision or is it pure on test score. We know where we will be moving initially but we can't move just now as my wife is doing her degree from West Thames college, and it will finish by next year June/July. Thanks for reading.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

If you got 313 or below, the letter says consider your options. Have a look at the threads mentioning waiting list particularly the one this morning correlation between Walsall and KE scores.

I think they will be a lot of comfort to you as it suggest that a lot of those just below cut off scores get in off waiting lists and there is a good degree of shuffling about.

On the basis since your 3 points above the 313 average for the last few years, it sounds like your in with every shout. No one can say for definite though, because it many (like me) get stuffed in the KE, then one possible fall back is Queen Mary.

I think of each point above the average as 20 or so less people in front of you for the queue to get in. It might be more than that.
nasirkhan

Post by nasirkhan »

thanks for answering my question
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now