Walsall/Wolves/Shropshire Results 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bob1892

Walsall/Wolves/Shropshire Results 2016

Post by Bob1892 »

It now looks like for certain that Walsall/Wolves results will be posted out today by second class posts so you will most likely receive them on Saturday.
I notice that some out of region folk received theirs a day early last year but not too sure on the reliability of those posts.
It seems it'll be the usual three way standardising with an average of 300 - last 2 (or more likely) 3 years March 1st cut offs will be provided (probably without ranking).
Range of scores will probably be provided as well.
Some fellow forumites are relying on these results so it goes without saying that posters should be sensitive with their posts in what is usually an emotional time for many.
I'm sure um et al will concur.
As minimum cut offs for Walsall/Wolves are rarely over 350 - I think if anyone gets 360+ then it's best if they don't post the actual score but just state 360+.
This has been the sensible protocol in the last few years and I'm sure most forumites will agree with this.
No one likes someone coming out of the woodwork for the first time and saying 'my ds scored 410- yippee'. Great news but not necessary.
Good luck guys! :D
Optimist

Re: Walsall/Wolves/Shropshire Results 2015

Post by Optimist »

Bob, like your posts. Disagree with last couple of sentences. I do want to hear about the super high flying scores, too. We will always have winners and losers and so why not just just embrace those posters who have scored highly, in the same way we sympathise with those who have not done so well
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Bob1892 wrote:It now looks like for certain that Walsall/Wolves results will be posted out today by second class posts so you will most likely receive them on Saturday.
I notice that some out of region folk received theirs a day early last year but not too sure on the reliability of those posts.
It seems it'll be the usual three way standardising with an average of 300 - last 2 (or more likely) 3 years March 1st cut offs will be provided (probably without ranking).
Range of scores will probably be provided as well.
Some fellow forumites are relying on these results so it goes without saying that posters should be sensitive with their posts in what is usually an emotional time for many.
I'm sure um et al will concur.
As minimum cut offs for Walsall/Wolves are rarely over 350 - I think if anyone gets 360+ then it's best if they don't post the actual score but just state 360+.
This has been the sensible protocol in the last few years and I'm sure most forumites will agree with this.
No one likes someone coming out of the woodwork for the first time and saying 'my ds scored 410- yippee'. Great news but not necessary.
Good luck guys! :D
Optimist wrote:Bob, like your posts. Disagree with last couple of sentences. I do want to hear about the super high flying scores, too. We will always have winners and losers and so why not just just embrace those posters who have scored highly, in the same way we sympathise with those who gave not done so well
If the results are posted today a lot of people will get them on Friday.The unlucky ones may have to wait until Monday.No one should post any results more than one or two points over the cut off for each school as it is just seen as boasting.(Anyway how do we know it is true?)Please post the scores as the children get their places from the waiting lists as it helps others.Just remember the vast majority of children after all their efforts have a disappointment albeit some of them will perform better in exams in later years at other schools than those attending Grammar schools.Many of them will achieve great things in life.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
MSD

Post by MSD »

Optimist wrote:Bob, like your posts. Disagree with last couple of sentences. I do want to hear about the super high flying scores, too. We will always have winners and losers and so why not just just embrace those posters who have scored highly, in the same way we sympathise with those who have not done so well
I have often wondered why we generally shy away from celebrating educational achievements and see that as boasting , but at the same time happily celebrate achievements in other fields like sports. Surely, a child who has done exceptionally well as compared to others must be given his due and congratulated for that.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

If I am honest I have no problem hearing how well the DC of regular posters have done. When you have followed their journey, witnessed their worries etc..

However in my experience the ones that post high scores are more often people who have lurked, sucked every bit of info and advantage the site has to offer, greedily kept it to themselves until they pop up with their Super score brag and disappear never to be seen again or to continue silently using the site for future offsprings benefit alone.

Not having ago at Lurkers in general, not everyone likes to post, just THAT type and there are many if them.
MSD

Post by MSD »

It would be great to see the following alongside the score :

Score

School Preference

Resources used

Duration of DIY/Professional tuition

Tips

Lessons learnt
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

It would be great to see the following alongside the score :

Score

School Preference

Resources used

Duration of DIY/Professional tuition

Tips

Lessons learnt
Very few people will openly and honestly share this information.
Also everything you hear in person and even on the forum should be taken with a pinch of salt and not as gospel.
As pointed out earlier even if someone does post a 360+ score how are we to know its true. I cant understand why someone who lurks then decides to register and post their child's score if they have done exceptionally well. I have seen this a few times when going through the old posts from previous years. :roll:
MSD

Post by MSD »

bluejay wrote: Very few people will openly and honestly share this information.
You are probably right, but why do you think parents are all hush hush about this?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think it is a very valid point that the OP made.
Every year the Mods find people registering and posting just the once to state that they have a hugely high score, this can be:

a) demoralising
b) doesn't add anything the discussion
c) possibly not true anyway - who knows :wink:

It is different for regular posters who have contributed and will continue to contribute to the forum, provided they post sensitively !!
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

I for one don't mind what people post as if our Walsall score isn't above 318 I probably won't look back on this discussion anyway... Hurry up Saturday!! Think this bit is worse than the actual exam...