Walsall/Wolves/Shropshire Results 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bluejay

Re: Walsall/Wolves/Shropshire Results 2015

Post by bluejay »

why do you think parents are all hush hush about this
It could be because some people like to keep their cards close to their chest or because 11+ brings out the dog eat dog mentality out in them.
I have no problem with sharing information or expressing my views, I am a firm believer that by helping someone else it is not going to change my children's destiny in any way.
Whatever is meant to be will be.

11+ is one of those exams that brings out the worst in people. I have seen it with both family and school mums. My friends have in fact been more supportive than family so that tells you a great deal.
MSD

Post by MSD »

I have always gladly shared with anyone concerned the tutors and the resources we used for both our boys. However, what you generally tend to get with family is that they know better and can find a better tutor then you did :roll:
mamfa

Post by mamfa »

Hello

I haven't posted before, not because I'm keeping cards close to my chest (although I am a bit of a lurker lol) but because I didn't think I had anything constructive to add! I've actually got more and more nervous since the actual exams as, watching you all, I'm now scared we didn't do enough! Still ds had a tutor once a week for Y5 so I'm hoping it'll be OK *bites nails*. I'm not sure I have a great back up plan...

Where I think this forum is invaluable is around results/allocation time so you can see your chances of getting through on w/l etc, so if we are there I will be definitely sharing info around.

And thank you to everyone who does post the useful info. Even lurkers are grateful!!!

Talking of which- you said the cut of isn't normally above 350 but are there figures like for the B'ham schools? From trying to read past posts it seems that 325-330 is the normal cut off before waiting list? Not that I'm scared or anything...
MSD

Post by MSD »

mamfa wrote:Talking of which- you said the cut of isn't normally above 350 but are there figures like for the B'ham schools? From trying to read past posts it seems that 325-330 is the normal cut off before waiting list? Not that I'm scared or anything
Not sure what exactly your question is? Bob was trying to say that a score of 350+ is generally way above the cut-off required for all Walsall consortium schools. So any score above that can potentially be reported as 350+ by parents.

As far as Birmingham is concerned the standardization is done over two papers rather than the 3 that Wallsall uses. So the scores will be in 200's rather than 300's. There is sticky in Birmingham forum that lists all the previous cut-offs for Birmingham schools.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

I'm all for educational achievements - obviously we should all applaud them.
Posting very high scores by lurkers, non-contributors have caused issues on numerous occasions in the past so I thought it might be a good idea to draw a line somewhere.
Surely you wouldn't tell a complete stranger in the street that your ds just got 420 would you?
240+ gets you in all of the brum ke schools - more or less equivalent to 360+. Hence 360+ for Walsall/Wolves is sufficient I should say.
Praise your dc to high heaven by all means but let's be sensitive to those forumites who might have posted and contributed regularly and find that their poor dc might not have made the cut (that might include me) :cry:
Anyway, back to the booze tonight as it's getting a bit too unbearable.
Not long to go......
MSD

Post by MSD »

Bob - I have a feeling that PP cut-off scores are going to rise this year - I suspect +3 to +5 points for all schools.

Also wanted to add that over time I am certain the gap between the last normal cut-off and PP cut-off will significantly reduce.
mamfa

Post by mamfa »

Not sure what exactly your question is? Bob was trying to say that a score of 350+ is generally way above the cut-off required for all Walsall consortium schools. So any score above that can potentially be reported as 350+ by parents.

As far as Birmingham is concerned the standardization is done over two papers rather than the 3 that Wallsall uses. So the scores will be in 200's rather than 300's. There is sticky in Birmingham forum that lists all the previous cut-offs for Birmingham schools.
Sorry MSD. I expressed myself badly. I meant is there a thread for Walsall the same as the sticky Birmingham one with all the cut off scores on? At the moment if (!!!) ds gets 350+ that's presumably good but if he gets 325 or 320 is that still OK or worrying? Or is that what we post to find out?? This waiting/worrying is way worse than the days of the exams!

Thanks for your help :)
MSD

Post by MSD »

Below cut-offs were posted by Firsttimemum yesterday for QM boys. Hope this helps!

2013 cut off 325 last admission off waiting list 318
2014 cut off 320 last admission off waiting list 318
2015 cut off 322 no information on last admission
mamfa

Post by mamfa »

Thank you so much. I am clearly rubbish at this! :?
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

mamfa wrote:Thank you so much. I am clearly rubbish at this! :?
Don't worry mamfa I was the same a short while back.
Stick around and you'll soon get to know the ropes :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now