Walsall/Wolves/Shropshire Results 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bluejay

Re: Walsall/Wolves/Shropshire Results 2015

Post by bluejay »

So what time does everyone's post come tomorrow?
Ours comes earlier on a Saturday, usually by 11am. In the week usually after 1.

Googled how long 2nd class post usually takes and Royal Mail state 2-3 working days, however some people stated that if posted before 11am then it can arrive the next day!

It may be Monday before any of us see the results :cry: :cry: :cry:
MSD

Post by MSD »

Zulky was adamant they went out on Wed night - so I am hoping we might get lucky tomorrow.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Queen Mary Office Adamant that in the post today. So they should not be processed till tomorrow being 2nd Class, delivered Saturday, only person who knows is the one who posted them.

We have very little Idea of how our DD has done for Queen Mary. We know she crumbled under the initial onslaught of high rate of questions for the KE two weeks ago, in comparison to being to able to get through most of the Queen Mary.

She says the Queen Mary were harder, so I asked her opinion this morning and she said, I just crumbled under the shock, but I recovered quickly and got back my composure. That is reflected in the section breakdowns she has given us (ie numbers of questions per section and questions answered). She is adamant that the questions on Queen Mary were harder and can still remember questions to provide as examples. Although KE asking for meaning of 15 letter words is crazy. I told her school teacher today the actual word and he flinched at what is being asked of 10 year olds.

That said we did not think she was ready for Queen Mary and we thought it would be a useful free Mock for the KE. Queen Mary was such a general shock to the system and the day was boiling hot, so in the end we did not bother asked for any detailed info.

Not very confident re KE, but was proud how she show resilience in the KE. Once you start to crumble at something its really hard to come back at it.

That's the ruthless bit about these exams and it will get not better next year if they combine Walsall with KE. We have a fair bit riding on the Walsall outcome now, when we treated it flippantly.

Can I make a plea?? I really would like to hear from forumites whose Children have scored very highly on Walsall. When did you start. How did you get the balance right. What materials, how much home, motivation etc etc. I thought it was really useful to know about 90% plus on bond and then not dropping marks on the NVR and the final KE score of 230+ (it immediately makes sense to me)

As one of those, who have much to be disappointed about if the results don't go my way, I will still prefer to congratulate those who have succeeded and tap up them for any tips etc.

Finally its a free forum and a free internet. If someone wants to shout out loud about their success, why should they not do it. Why should the non sense politics of the playground, transfer to this forum. Somebody else's success, does not mean I am a failure (or that they are braggadocious). It just means that we have come to a parting of paths on the great journey.

On a lighter note old proverb: if you can smile when things go wrong, you already have someone to blame.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Petitpois wrote:Queen Mary Office Adamant that in the post today. So they should not be processed till tomorrow being 2nd Class, delivered Saturday, only person who knows is the one who posted them.

We have very little Idea of how our DD has done for Queen Mary. We know she crumbled under the initial onslaught of high rate of questions for the KE two weeks ago, in comparison to being to able to get through most of the Queen Mary.

She says the Queen Mary were harder, so I asked her opinion this morning and she said, I just crumbled under the shock, but I recovered quickly and got back my composure. That is reflected in the section breakdowns she has given us (ie numbers of questions per section and questions answered). She is adamant that the questions on Queen Mary were harder and can still remember questions to provide as examples. Although KE asking for meaning of 15 letter words is crazy. I told her school teacher today the actual word and he flinched at what is being asked of 10 year olds.

That said we did not think she was ready for Queen Mary and we thought it would be a useful free Mock for the KE. Queen Mary was such a general shock to the system and the day was boiling hot, so in the end we did not bother asked for any detailed info.

Not very confident re KE, but was proud how she show resilience in the KE. Once you start to crumble at something its really hard to come back at it.

That's the ruthless bit about these exams and it will get not better next year if they combine Walsall with KE. We have a fair bit riding on the Walsall outcome now, when we treated it flippantly.

Can I make a plea?? I really would like to hear from forumites whose Children have scored very highly on Walsall. When did you start. How did you get the balance right. What materials, how much home, motivation etc etc. I thought it was really useful to know about 90% plus on bond and then not dropping marks on the NVR and the final KE score of 230+ (it immediately makes sense to me)

As one of those, who have much to be disappointed about if the results don't go my way, I will still prefer to congratulate those who have succeeded and tap up them for any tips etc.

Finally its a free forum and a free internet. If someone wants to shout out loud about their success, why should they not do it. Why should the non sense politics of the playground, transfer to this forum. Somebody else's success, does not mean I am a failure (or that they are braggadocious). It just means that we have come to a parting of paths on the great journey.

On a lighter note old proverb: if you can smile when things go wrong, you already have someone to blame.
Pp/ fair enough- but to be honest,as you have clearly said on a few occasions yourself, you haven't been on this forum long enough to see the anguish post very high scores can cause to those who haven't made the cut.
Why don't these very high scorers please pm PP directly- what do you think PP?
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

I think it's great that your children are able to remember how they have done and the questions asked. I have no idea how my DS did. He found the Birmingham exam easier but I think the marking scheme at QM will be better for him. He seems to think he only guessed at 3 questions and had plenty of time with the Birmingham exam! Trust me his practice tests at home were no where near the 97% mark so I am a little worried...
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

First time mum - previous post suggested a rough correlation between bond consistent 90% plus, across all areas and mark being in the 230's (subject to consistent performance on the day). My consistent scores were 80-85% and less on NVR.

Bob, fair enough. I'll just look for anyone who posts a 350+ flag and PM them, and then they can choose whether to response or not (that will probably ensure no such posts).

On the Anguish point. I know I will be gutted, but not anguished (or that stressed). DD has dealt with much bigger challenges than the 11+ in her 10 years and I am proud of her for having a crack regardless.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Petitpois wrote:First time mum - previous post suggested a rough correlation between bond consistent 90% plus, across all areas and mark being in the 230's (subject to consistent performance on the day). My consistent scores were 80-85% and less on NVR.

Bob, fair enough. I'll just look for anyone who posts a 350+ flag and PM them, and then they can choose whether to response or not (that will probably ensure no such posts).

On the Anguish point. I know I will be gutted, but not anguished (or that stressed). DD has dealt with much bigger challenges than the 11+ in her 10 years and I am proud of her for having a crack regardless.
Pp - if my ds scores over 360 (highly unlikely) I'll personally pm you with tips, resources, motivation etc.
But have confidence man- your dd will be fine no doubt. :)
Good luck Pp!
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

I have no idea how my DS did
I agree, neither do I. In past tests at school my DS used to come home and tell me what questions came up and how he answered and so on and was always pretty spot on.

However with these 2 exams he has failed to remember hardly any of the words that came up... he has given me some info which i have duly noted and also has given me a guess as to how he thinks he has done. He knows how many he guessed and how many he definitely missed out. Its difficult to know how that has impacted him as i am unsure how many questions there actually were.

Not long to go and hopefully all will be clear
MSD

Post by MSD »

PP - I have to agree with you. It's not a big deal but I personally think whether old or new we shouldn't stop posters from posting what they want. Why is it OK for a new posters to post a low score, but not a high one. Just doesn't make any sense! If regular posters are getting offended by these scores, ignore them, and look forward to the next post.

PP, I personally don't think you can correlate the bond scores with the actual score achieved in CEM. Two completely different type of tests - we were getting 90%, but others might have got more or less, and achieved 230+ in CEM.

I will come back to you with the other information you wanted i.e. When posters started the journey, resource etc.
Last edited by MSD on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Hi Bob

Good luck to your DS, really hope he gets the score he and you are is hoping for.

I am not sure I can bring myself to steam open the letter when it comes. I'd like to say I am confident, but it would be a complete lie. I have no real reason to know one way or another with QMHS, whereas with KE, I am convinced that is a train crash.

I think that is just amplifying the sense of foreboding for the letter tomorrow.

Thanks MSD - I agree, it becomes a little 11+ politburo if your not careful

Signed
Political Commissar Petitpois
All Hail Zog (or whoever that guy was in MIB2)