Walsall/Wolves/Shropshire Results 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MSD

Re: Walsall/Wolves/Shropshire Results 2015

Post by MSD »

:lol: :lol:

OK, I think I have had one pint too many, but where is Zulky? Zulky, if you are reading this could you call your friend and re-confirm if the results were posted yesterday?
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Have you all told your DC when the results are coming out. My DS thinks next Wednesday, there is no way i would tell him to expect tomorrow or Saturday as he is a born worrier.
MSD

Post by MSD »

No - we haven't told him yet!
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

bluejay wrote:Have you all told your DC when the results are coming out. My DS thinks next Wednesday, there is no way i would tell him to expect tomorrow or Saturday as he is a born worrier.
I've just told mine end of next week. I need to digest the news myself first!
MSD

Post by MSD »

PP - What are you predicting for QM?
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

I did multiple model types using MSD formula, to get a prediction for the KE.

1) My KE finger in the air guess was 194
2) Using straight MSD formula (STDev) - I was looking at 206
3) Splitting out English, Maths, NVR and then applying MSD's formula and Weightings (50%/25/25) same raw scores got me up to 220.

Could only get a really really decent score by upping correct answers % to ridiculously high e.g. 90% of questions attempted correct, which borders on delusion, so I have gone with known baseline from Bond, Schofield, Tutor worksheets and my own baselines assessment spreadsheets that I have been keeping etc.

With QMHS she gave me little to work on with other than she says she missed about 5 questions on the whole paper. She mentioned some kids at QMHS had been given ridiculously large goody bags and were stress eating chocs / crisps etc, but that does not have any bearing, on my calcs.

If 300 is the average for QMHS, my finger in the air job would be 305 (and I would be disspoiunted with below cohort average), because

1) she says NVR were more detailed on QMHS than KE and this was not a strong area for her
2) I think she would have scored average on comp and this was one of the car crash areas on the KE test
3) She says maths problems appeared more tricky on the QMHS test and provides examples.
4) Balancing the above three we had more momentum going into QMHS - school were doing weekly speed tests as part of Yr5 curriculum and I suspect this played a part in her having speed to complete QMHS (which she may have lost over the summer).
5) We tried to maintain focus over summer holidays, but paper 1 on KE was an almighty kick up the rear, speed wise.

I think it is a real shame they do KE in September and that they will now merge Walsall into a single exam
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Firsttimemum wrote:
bluejay wrote:Have you all told your DC when the results are coming out. My DS thinks next Wednesday, there is no way i would tell him to expect tomorrow or Saturday as he is a born worrier.
I've just told mine end of next week. I need to digest the news myself first!
I agree FTM, I know some parents let the DC open the envelope themselves but I don't think i could do that, I need to be prepared and have taken it in myself before hand.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

That's why I got the kettle ready. Steam it open. photocopy, reseal. absorb. let DD open and then play out prepped plan as per what letter reveals, as follows:

1) 325+ hugs and kisses
2) 300+ a hug
3) below 300 - Throw her out on the street, and tell her she has besmirched the family name

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Petitpois wrote:That's why I got the kettle ready. Steam it open. photocopy, reseal. absorb. let DD open and then play out prepped plan as per what letter reveals, as follows:

1) 325+ hugs and kisses
2) 300+ a hug
3) below 300 - Throw her out on the street, and tell her she has besmirched the family name

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love it.... all will be revealed soon! and this speculating and calculating can stop! :lol:
MSD

Post by MSD »

PP - I am sure she will do well.

You mentioned you took the Shirley mock test where 500+ sat it. That will give you a fair idea of your DD's ability in a group of 500 children, who would have also taken the final KE test. If she was in the top 20 to 30%, scoring a raw score close to 65%, then you have an excellent chance. But again it was a one-off test and she might have had a good or a bad day - so not a definitive guide. Unless, of course, if she sat a few mock tests and scored consistently in the top 20 to 30%.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now