Walsall/Wolves/Shropshire Results 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mom123

Re: Walsall/Wolves/Shropshire Results 2016

Post by Mom123 »

For 2016, it ranged from around 417 to 190 . I wonder why it's 398 to 0 for 2017.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Mom123 wrote:For 2016, it ranged from around 417 to 190 . I wonder why it's 398 to 0 for 2017.
Thank you for that.The score I was after is "it should say the score of the last admitted girl in 2016 was 311".I just wanted confirmation from the letter to help parents with accurate information.

However this is a rounded up score every candidate has a score to 2 decimal places which decides their position on the entry list.

On the issue of the 0 score I did notice it.Someone could have been disqualified for whatever reason ?
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Mom123

Post by Mom123 »

It doesn't say so but over the last 4 years average (mean) of the lowest scores being 310. What you think my DD can get her first choice on 1st March with this score(321).
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Mom123 wrote:It doesn't say so but over the last 4 years average (mean) of the lowest scores being 310. What you think my DD can get her first choice on 1st March with this score(321).
Every chance at WGHS based on the last few years and the higher PAN of 145

This thread is for last year and the results from last year.We should have any other discussions on the 2017 thread so as not to confuse.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Simmone

Post by Simmone »

Hi there my DD got a score of 343 in the QM Exam. We are hopeful that she will have secured her place based on 314 being the lowest score accepted over the 2 previous years.

Due to the commute QM Walsall will be 1st choice and Wolverhampton Girls High 2nd.

I would also like to offer some encouragement for parents who are considering putting their children for the exams in the future. Our DD had no private tuition and no exam coaching and did no structured mock exams!

What we did do is buy the bond 11+ books with sample papers and download as many past papers for free off the internet. About 4 months prior to the exam my daughter started doing a sample test on each Saturday morning for an hour and we would go through afterword's the questions that she had got wrong.

There was no intense pressure and she even enjoyed the non verbal reasoning puzzle questions.

Hopefully, this will help illustrate that money can't buy brains! :-)
Happy_to_be_here

Post by Happy_to_be_here »

Received our results today. Delighted to say DS got 325 for QM exam and we feel so proud.

In the letter it states the lowest score for entry into QM was 318 for 2016, and 319 for 2015. Based on this DS should get in.

HOWEVER, from what I understand, the exam changed this year as QM followed the CEM format of the King Edward exams for the first time. In which case, could the lowest scores for entry change significantly? If anyone has any knowledge or advice on this, it would be most welcome, as I'm not sure whether to celebrate or be reserved about this result?? I'm posting this on the Birmingham Results page also, because someone there maybe able to shed light on this?

Thanks in advance.
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

QMGS has been following the CEM format in its exams for four years now. My son (now in year 9) took it the first year CEM was used. They used to give their results in a different format (ranking) but that was changed at the same time.

The Walsall consortium standardise the exams differently to the KE consortium, but again, that has been the same for the last four years.
Anna2903

Post by Anna2903 »

My son has scored 321 in the QMGS exam... Do you think he is likely to be offered a place? This would be my 1st choice school for him but not done this before and he seems borderline... Any advice would be much appreciated.
msj207

Post by msj207 »

Mom123 wrote:For 2016, it ranged from around 417 to 190 . I wonder why it's 398 to 0 for 2017.
The reason (apparently) for the 0 is that one poor student was overwhelmed by the whole exam thing and broke down, and couldn't sit the test.
Poor girl.
Shows what pressure can do to a child.

If only ALL schools were equal then there wouldn't be any on this fighting for a small number of school places.

A bit like musical chairs, but more serious.
Mom123

Post by Mom123 »

Oh ok. It's sad but true. Agree with you.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now