Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:55 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Adams Results
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:18 pm
Posts: 44
Hi All,

I'm a part time poster but hoping you might be able to help!

I got the letter from Adam's today saying (thank goodness!) that my son 'would benefit from a grammar school education' but absolutely no further information. Is there any way to find out what the 'yes/no' mark was (I'm sure they said they would include that but they haven't) and what my son's score is? Telford & Wrekin Council have said they don't get given the info..

Any help much appreciated and good luck to everyone else waiting for letters :D :D :D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adams Results
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:08 pm
Posts: 1239
Does the letter say they will be happy to offer you a place? They did this 3 years ago - if the child comfortably made the cut-off, no scores were given out.

I thought all Walsall consortium schools were meant to report in the same way and provide scores this year, whether high or low.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adams Results
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:08 pm
Posts: 1239
You can send a written request to school under data protection act. They have to furnish the information within 40 days from the date of request.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adams Results
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:58 pm
Posts: 229
Last year you got given sons score and score of lowest in the previous year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adams Results
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:44 am
Posts: 1425
Interesting some getting generic letters whilst others getting scores. Didnt think it would be like that


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adams Results
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:18 pm
Posts: 44
MSD wrote:
Does the letter say they will be happy to offer you a place? They did this 3 years ago - if the child comfortably made the cut-off, no scores were given out.

I thought all Walsall consortium schools were meant to report in the same way and provide scores this year, whether high or low.


No. They are very clear that the letter is not an offer. It simply says that my son "will benefit from a g rammar school education". In other words it means he has passed the exam and achieved their cut-off mark, but there is no info about what the cut-off is or what his score is and it says in bold that there will be no further information available from the school. It's very frustrating!!

I think what happens now is that they apply the catchment area and so my son drops into the bottom part (we are about a mile outside catchment on the wrong side to have any other options open to us :( :( ) and so we have to hope his score is very high to have a chance.

I'm really not enjoying this process!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adams Results
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:14 am
Posts: 1186
Strange- you would have thought the consortium would have a standard Letter. Giving the score surely should have been the minimum info provided?
Then again the communication within the consortium wasn't great re: when results were going to be posted :roll:
I'm not sure Walsall/wolves consortium merging with the brum one is such a great idea??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adams Results
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:44 am
Posts: 1425
So the other letter says it not probable that your son / daughter would benefit. Scores seem less judgemental and clearer against cut off


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adams Results
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:18 pm
Posts: 44
Petitpois wrote:
So the other letter says it not probable that your son / daughter would benefit. Scores seem less judgemental and clearer against cut off


Yep - one says "your son will benefit from" and other says "your son will not benefit from". Delightful, eh??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adams Results
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:08 pm
Posts: 1239
tvgirl wrote:
MSD wrote:
Does the letter say they will be happy to offer you a place? They did this 3 years ago - if the child comfortably made the cut-off, no scores were given out.

I thought all Walsall consortium schools were meant to report in the same way and provide scores this year, whether high or low.


No. They are very clear that the letter is not an offer. It simply says that my son "will benefit from a g rammar school education". In other words it means he has passed the exam and achieved their cut-off mark, but there is no info about what the cut-off is or what his score is and it says in bold that there will be no further information available from the school. It's very frustrating!!

I think what happens now is that they apply the catchment area and so my son drops into the bottom part (we are about a mile outside catchment on the wrong side to have any other options open to us :( :( ) and so we have to hope his score is very high to have a chance.

I'm really not enjoying this process!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Fire off a request under data protection!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016