Adams Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Cosmo6

Re: Adams Results

Post by Cosmo6 »

Hi, I am new here and finding the whole process quite hard this year. Last year we got a score for dd from WGHS and NGH which gave a really good indication of her chances :D This year with ds we only ticked Adams and got a strongly encourage letter with no score :?
Whilst it is fantastic to know he is of grammar school ability, it is really hard not having any idea of whether he got a borderline pass or a reasonably 'safe' score. I am also worried about the new catchment and how that will change things as we are OOC. Guess we will only find out on offers day in March......It seems there are a lot of us in the same situation..... :|
Last edited by Cosmo6 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolvsparent

Post by wolvsparent »

Hi All,
I am new to all this, only finding the site recently after Googling pass scores for AGS and QMGS. I have so many questions but thought I'd start with the most troubling on my mind!

Our DS got a good score, 350+, which I gather from everything I've read on this site that he should be comfortably within the cut off for both boys schools, BUT what effect will the out of catchment area policy have this year at Adams? Is this score still going to be well within? Do any of you more knowledgable than I have any idea, or do I still have to hold my breath for another 5months!

I think I read here that the girls school (Newport Grammar) has had a catchment area for awhile. How does this affect the in/out catchment cut offs?

Thankyou all in advance
sudarsanb

Post by sudarsanb »

My DS scored 329 and got to know this thru QMHS Letter. He has also received a letter from AGS mentioning he will benefit from Grammar School Education. Does anyone has ideas of how the Catchement area rules will apply?
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

People in the Newport attendance area have priority over those outside of the area.

So if you live in newport or the surrounding villages and you got the qualifying score your in. It will just reduce by X% the amount of spaces available to those coming from far and wide. if your're 350+ forget about it, if your near last years cut off and you want Adam's, it could cause you problems, as the place you might have had will have / could have been prioritised to a local lad

http://www.adamsgs.org.uk/wp-content/up ... e-Area.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tvgirl

Post by tvgirl »

A friend has been to the open day today and they have said that they are expecting about 50% of places to be given to those within catchment area. As most children within catchment are likely to accept that suggests to me that they have approx 50 boys within catchment that they have sent 'yes' letters to so my guess would be that if you are in catchment and have one of those letters you will get an offer. As for everyone else, it looks like around 50 places will be up for grabs...
sudarsanb

Post by sudarsanb »

Hi,
I had been to the open day yesterday(29/09).
YES, they mentioned the number percentage as 50%, but meant it as possible maximum (or atleast to my understanding, the way it was said so).

They mentioned last year 11% came from Catchment area and they wanted that % to go UP as Newport school should serve the local community first more than anyone else and henceforth the catchement rules. They are definitely NOT expecting EVEN 50% to fill up through catchement area. So, they meant somewhere around 11%-50% and if I(we) are more realistic, I(we) could say 20-30% purely because these are the numbers that gets filled on a average in Newport Girls School every year.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now