Difficult day tommorow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
quasimodo

Re: Difficult day tommorow

Post by quasimodo »

Midlandsmom wrote:I haven't contacted KES at all, I assume they've written to all those whose boys registered for the KE 11+, not sure if the girls school will do the same? Letter says last date for boys applications is 26 Nov, test is 9 Jan. Again, not sure if it's the same for girls, but likely to be similar dates?
The last day for registration for KEHS is the 16th January 2016 with the exams by the end of January 2016.You normally only get written to if you have ticked the box on the application form for the KE foundation schools allowing contact from KEHS or KES.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
saraakash

Post by saraakash »

Great Post PP...( Thankfully at work so DD will be picked up by her Brother)

My DD couldn't wait to get into the school this morning just to ask the rest of the kids their score, as I have said before her score wasn't very high for the QM so she is looking of ways to make herself feel better (bless her) I already know from the other mums no one has got over 310 so she shouldn't be too upset, there is 2 twin brothers in her class who took the test and the parents had bought a house just opposite the school hoping they will be getting a place ,fingers crossed for them I am also waiting anxiously to hear of thier results.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

interesting at DD school all the top sets appear to have scored 340+, with those not in top tables tending to drop below <295 etc (sometimes significantly). Not seen any in the 310-320 range, that I know
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

A fair few at our school took the exam, but only 3 I know of that scored enough for entry to the Walsall schools - 348, 358 and 366. I know of at least one that scored two hundred 'and something'. People have been fine about it. We're all quite supportive and most mums of kids who do the exam big up the value of preparing for the exam and the boost it can give to children's learning. I like our school!
mamfa

Post by mamfa »

Ha. I've always said ds is quite clever, but totally gormless, and so laid back about the whole thing it's actually unbelievable. I gave him no instruction either way, as I thought it would be up to him, but apparently he only talked about the results with one friend (although I know at least four others took the test, one 'passed' but no score given, I'd be surprised if two of the others scored highly as they aren't in top sets), and managed to tell his friend he's scored 11 points higher than he actually did (he scored 345) as he "couldn't remember the number". He says his friend got 320 something, but again there's probably a margin of error in there :lol:

I know he didn't do it on purpose though as he said he didn't tell anyone else as he didn't know if it would be showing off and he didn't want to do that.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Parents and kids seemed to have taken it in their stride, whether good or bad news, so good.

I think the school teachers at DD school are quietly pleased at the strong scores, may see it as a sign of things turning the corner after a difficult couple of years.

Imagine having me in the audience at the meeting to discuss the Ofsted!!!! Sort it oooooooooooooooooout Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww (imagine mockney accent)! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: