Predict the KE Cut-off Scores?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
DGM

Re: Predict the KE Cut-off Scores?!

Post by DGM »

Thanks nm - I had wondered if there might be a few of us in the same boat!

And thanks Bob, MSD and PP! It's like most things - too many unknowns. We are probably all desperately looking for some certainties for when those envelopes are opened.
DGM

Post by DGM »

DGM wrote:Thanks nm - I had wondered if there might be a few of us in the same boat!

And thanks Bob, MSD and PP! It's like most things - too many unknowns. We are probably all desperately looking for some certainties for when those envelopes are opened.
Well, maybe not everyone will be feeling desperate! :lol:
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

For some reason that last comment triggered thoughts of a new age 11+ commune on the Birmingham new road
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

I suppose we can all predict cut offs etc as much as we like and speculate the effect of an easier test but the bottom line is this: those Dc who were 'supposed' to get in will still get in- unless they really bombed in one of the sections eg circling the boxes instead of shading it which apparently happened an awful lot this year!
cooljsn

Post by cooljsn »

Bob1892 wrote:I suppose we can all predict cut offs etc as much as we like and speculate the effect of an easier test but the bottom line is this: those Dc who were 'supposed' to get in will still get in- unless they really bombed in one of the sections eg circling the boxes instead of shading it which apparently happened an awful lot this year!
Coming back to original post ....
I predict cut off for various brum GS will be 4 - 5 marks higher than last year (not counting PP)
When I get some time I will see trend over last 3 years and give you my guess for each school.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

cooljsn wrote:
Bob1892 wrote:I suppose we can all predict cut offs etc as much as we like and speculate the effect of an easier test but the bottom line is this: those Dc who were 'supposed' to get in will still get in- unless they really bombed in one of the sections eg circling the boxes instead of shading it which apparently happened an awful lot this year!
I predict cut off for various brum GS will be 4 - 5 marks higher than last year (not counting PP)
When I get some time I will see trend over last 3 years and give you my guess for each school.
You maybe right cool 8)
I truly think to get 240 you need around 75% this year instead of an average 67%. A big jump :(
cooljsn

Post by cooljsn »

Bob1892 wrote:
cooljsn wrote:
You maybe right cool 8)
I truly think to get 240 you need around 75% this year instead of an average 67%. A big jump :(
You are on a "scare parents spoil there weekend" mission Bob :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Sorry cool- no intention of doing that.
Positives? The Sun's shining and lfc have Klopp :D
cooljsn

Post by cooljsn »

Bob1892 wrote:Sorry cool- no intention of doing that.
Positives? The Sun's shining and lfc have Klopp :D
Lol I was kidding. Like other parents I am also very anxious but I have the feeling the end result will be good (for everyone).
As they say aim for GS but not getting into GS is not the end of the world. We are not discussing GS topic at home as it adds no value. However once the results are out we will be in panic mode as we have to give our preference forms in another 2 weeks.
We seen only 1 school so far CHGS haven't been to any other GS / state school as didn't had time.

On a different note has anyone called FO and asked when they are dispatching the results? Is today definitely ruled out? Shame I can't call from my work place
um

Post by um »

In fairness to the FO, there's no reason to call them right now.

Results were promised on 16th October.
If you don't have them by then, by all means call to find out what has happened...but calling on 9th October isn't going to yield anything useful. They're hardly going to give you the score over the phone.
As has been mentioned before, it appears that they may be slightly earlier than 16th October.
I'm sure we will know when they do arrive on people's doormats :D (can envisage loads of people suddenly rushing home from work early that day :lol: )
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now