Breaking news!!!!!!!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Midlandsmom

Re: BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Midlandsmom »

MSD wrote:Ball is back in Midlandmom's court again. Let us know before you open the letter tomorrow please.
Let you know before I open the letter?! Lol, I probably will in fairness, I'll feel obliged to let you all know if it arrives in the morning!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Yes i feel sick, nervous, worried any any other adjectives that suit the situation :?

second time round and it feels worse this time :?

MM don't keep us waiting :lol:
Last edited by nervousmom on Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casey0507

Post by Casey0507 »

Just out of interest does anyone have any tips on what to say if it doesn't go as planned? I'm proud of mine regardless, of course but anyone who may have past experience and could offer any advice would be hugely appreciated! Thank you ***
Midlandsmom

Post by Midlandsmom »

Thanks Zulky for the news! I've been out all afternoon and missed the excitement! Now catching up...

OK, as I have quite enjoyed all of your 'virtual' company over the last few weeks, I shall indeed post as soon as I have post, and prior to opening :shock:

Then you can all console me after I've opened :?
happymom1

Post by happymom1 »

Midlandsmom wrote:Thanks Zulky for the news! I've been out all afternoon and missed the excitement! Now catching up...

OK, as I have quite enjoyed all of your 'virtual' company over the last few weeks, I shall indeed post as soon as I have post, and prior to opening :shock:

Then you can all console me after I've opened :?
Always hope for the best. We would congratulate you
Midlandsmom

Post by Midlandsmom »

Congratulate maybe, most likely console! In fairness I just need to know, I think I can take it either way, it's got to be better than not knowing!

Casey0507 - think it depends on the child, mine so far doesn't seem to fussed, so I shall be playing up our other preferences for all they are worth. And congratulating him on score, regardless of whether it's 'good enough'. HTH.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

cooljsn wrote:
Bob1892 wrote:I've been told now that they'll be posted out tomorrow first class! Hmmm :?:
They must be angry with you for some reason Bob .
lol most likely someone is trying to set low expectation and high delivery
Weird- I spoke to FO not long ago and they said they'll be posted tomorrow??
Someone's telling porkies :shock:
Last edited by Bob1892 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonythetiger

Post by Tonythetiger »

Bob, maybe it's to prevent all the irate parents ringing them tomorrow asking why they haven't arrived :D

Good luck everyone!
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Firsttimemum wrote:Anyone else feel sick???
puuuuuuuuuoooooommmmmmmm Pommmmm!

Not sick but a pervasive sense of the unknown approaching.

Easy to deal with compared to absolute wobbly legs nauseous feeling the night before Walsall.

If you did not get the hoped for result at Walsall, I really do hope that you have managed it with the KE. It is highly likely that many will improve their performance between 1//7 and 12/9. Some will do astoundingly much better, so make sure your have a reserve celebration up your sleeve.

If you are one of these parents, I really do hope it works out. Our friends are in this bracket and whilst it a long shot, I really really wish they get a result tomorrow.
Best wishes all
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Casey0507 wrote:Just out of interest does anyone have any tips on what to say if it doesn't go as planned? I'm proud of mine regardless, of course but anyone who may have past experience and could offer any advice would be hugely appreciated! Thank you ***
Don't say get out of my house you have brought shame upon a bloodline going back at least 36.5 yrs

Do listen to them
If they want to talk, then talk.
Mine already knows what done is done and we have been discussing when to ramp up the creative writing. If she wants to go for KEHS.
They will be disappointed regardless of what you say. Mine has occasionally expressed that she didn't feel like she did herself justice in the test, but she tried and that's all she could do. That said, surely there is a place for disappointment in the ying and yang of things