Commute time from birmingham hodgehill to qmghs

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Iram

Commute time from birmingham hodgehill to qmghs

Post by Iram »

Daughter scored 318 for walsall and 213 for ke. She stands a better chance with walsall school but will put sutton girls as 1st choice. If she wasn't offered 1st choice what's the traffic like on the chester rd going and coming bk into Birmingham to walsall qm? Is it too far I know it's around 10 miles from where we are but is the journey stressful due to traffic and most likely i would drop her in her 1st year if she was offered a place
Thumbsup

Re: Commute time from birmingham hodgehill to qmghs

Post by Thumbsup »

Sorry I can't be of help with commute times. But well done to your daughter. Hope things work out for you.
HodgeHillDad

Post by HodgeHillDad »

Hi
We live in Hodge Hill also and Queen Mary's was our 3rd choice last year after Sutton Girls, KE Handsworth, but ahead of Hodge Hill Girls
We found the commute through Perry Barr etc a bit of a nightmare when going to the test and the open morning (evening worse)
So we tried driving to Witton and caught the train to Walsall to see if that was practical
It was quite a bit quicker even allowing for the approx 15 minute walk from the station to the school
So we decided this, although far from ideal, would be daughters route if she didn't get into Sutton or Handsworth
Apparently there are a few girls who catch the train (though not necessarily from Witton)
Congratulations on the very good scores achieved
There is a chance that you might get offered Sutton Girls off the waiting list (probably unlikely on offer day)
If you are prepared to wait until into the Autumn term then the waiting list can come down quite
a lot (although possibly no lower than 213 / 212) as many parents and children are reluctant to move once settled into local comp and made friends
Good luck to you !
Iram

Post by Iram »

Thank you for this. Will check out train journey.
Dadybear

Post by Dadybear »

Iram wrote:Daughter scored 318 for walsall and 213 for ke. She stands a better chance with walsall school but will put sutton girls as 1st choice. If she wasn't offered 1st choice what's the traffic like on the chester rd going and coming bk into Birmingham to walsall qm? Is it too far I know it's around 10 miles from where we are but is the journey stressful due to traffic and most likely i would drop her in her 1st year if she was offered a place
Take the side streets threw nechells then trinity rd on to Walsall rd journey will take no more than 30 mins Chester rd is always choka block. Good luck hope you get Sutton :D

P's train from duddeston manor also goes straight to Walsall. Hope this helps mate
Iram

Post by Iram »

Thanks will check this route!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now