Is there a Scam going on for Birmingham grammar schools ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kenyancowgirl

Re: Is there a Scam going on for Birmingham grammar schools

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I may not have got the right tuition centre/owner to the one you are referring to ABJ however, I would be far more worried about the fact that the same test is used for late sitters. The death of information that can become available from the first sitting in September to someone taking it two weeks later, let alone to someone taking it towards the end of the academic year, could absolutely shoot someone to the top of the waiting list. Tuition centres have access to a much higher number of sitters than your average tutor working from home, and could therefore canvas opinions and ideas from their tutees following a test, which could then be used to give late sitter tutees an advantage.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

What utter drivel and tosh.

My mate knows a fairy who had a chat with a leprechaun. The leprechaun says he knows a tutor with top level connections to the Fairy Overseers (FO) of the 11+, see its all a "wheels within wheels" stitch up. For the right amount of cash and a sparkly "my little pony", the FO will, in a small number of cases "sort out" a pass on the 11+, lets says 2-3% to make it sound credible. Would you Adam and Eve it?

Many people I know have achieved the qualifying score and will take comfort from that "pass point" even though they know there is limited chance of their DC making the cut off scores. Others whilst disappointed that their score is below QS, will take huge pride that they had a go, with whatever resources and determination they could muster. They had a go sometimes in the face of "idiocy" expressed in the playground and often with a mix little or no support from peer groups, family or schools, they tried their best, and surely this thread can only be a cause for baseless raising of concerns, in people whose focus should now be about positively moving on to the next challenge in their journey.

Why you would seek to make such a case and raise such concerns is beyond me!
ABJ

Post by ABJ »

Petitpois wrote:What utter drivel and tosh.

My mate knows a fairy who had a chat with a leprechaun. The leprechaun says he knows a tutor with top level connections to the Fairy Overseers (FO) of the 11+, see its all a "wheels within wheels" stitch up. For the right amount of cash and a sparkly "my little pony", the FO will, in a small number of cases "sort out" a pass on the 11+, lets says 2-3% to make it sound credible. Would you Adam and Eve it?

Many people I know have achieved the qualifying score and will take comfort from that "pass point" even though they know there is limited chance of their DC making the cut off scores. Others whilst disappointed that their score is below QS, will take huge pride that they had a go, with whatever resources and determination they could muster. They had a go sometimes in the face of "idiocy" expressed in the playground and often with a mix little or no support from peer groups, family or schools, they tried their best, and surely this thread can only be a cause for baseless raising of concerns, in people whose focus should now be about positively moving on to the next challenge in their journey.

Why you would seek to make such a case and raise such concerns is beyond me!
I found your comments bit offensive and makes me wonder why you try to silent this concern even if little or nothing in it I would rather speak about than just be silent and ignore it.
As I believe and I am sure many more agree with me there might be nothing in it but if it's there why I should not make it public ???
There is no one forcing you to read and believe it
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Thank you for posting what delicacy forbade me to post. :wink:
:lol: There'll be surreptitious checking of desks all round Birmingham tomorrow for sparkly "my little ponies".

Cross-posted with you, ABJ, but if you knew how rigorous procedures are in the school admissions process all round the country, you really wouldn't be giving this idea any credibility.

You only have to look at the various TV programmes there have been over the years (one of them about Birmingham) to see the considerable lengths the authorities go to in order to weed out address fraud. The idea that those same people would turn a blind eye to, or not notice, fraud on this scale (20, 30 or more cases a year?) is honestly laughable.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

If Ireland get into the world cup final, Birmingham residents will be able to find hundreds of leprechaun's at Twickenham!!

I'm not sure where to find a sparkly my little pony yet...maybe in the Twickenham car park?
ABJ

Post by ABJ »

kenyancowgirl wrote:I may not have got the right tuition centre/owner to the one you are referring to ABJ however, I would be far more worried about the fact that the same test is used for late sitters. The death of information that can become available from the first sitting in September to someone taking it two weeks later, let alone to someone taking it towards the end of the academic year, could absolutely shoot someone to the top of the waiting list. Tuition centres have access to a much higher number of sitters than your average tutor working from home, and could therefore canvas opinions and ideas from their tutees following a test, which could then be used to give late sitter tutees an advantage.
Completely agree with you the whole late sitters giving the same exam paper is very unfair .
The whole point of the eleven plus entrance exam is that it's a fair system to give everyone a chance to enter in good schools but unfortunately due to such a high demand it has turn into a unfair system
ABJ

Post by ABJ »

Sally-Anne wrote:
Thank you for posting what delicacy forbade me to post. :wink:
:lol: There'll be surreptitious checking of desks all round Birmingham tomorrow for sparkly "my little ponies".

Cross-posted with you, ABJ, but if you knew how rigorous procedures are in the school admissions process all round the country, you really wouldn't be giving this idea any credibility.

You only have to look at the various TV programmes there have been over the years (one of them about Birmingham) to see the considerable lengths the authorities go to in order to weed out address fraud. The idea that those same people would turn a blind eye to, or not notice, fraud on this scale (20, 30 or more cases a year?) is honestly laughable.
I am repeating myself I hope you are right but to believe that it's not possible at all because of the vigorous process is just being ignorant .....

Do u believe everything that is going on in Birmingham council (planning, licences, regen ....)is done honestly ??

And If you think yessss than I got nothing more to say than you don't know much about Birmingham
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

ABJ wrote:Do u believe everything that is going on in Birmingham council (planning, licences, regen ....)is done honestly ??
I have no idea, but I do know that wherever fraud exists, it exists because no one talks about what they are doing. They keep the secret. They don't share their "magical power to make things happen" with a virtual stranger whilst nudging and winking.

I think you need to refer back to kenyancowgirl's post in order to understand the agenda here.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Sally-Anne wrote:
ABJ wrote:Do u believe everything that is going on in Birmingham council (planning, licences, regen ....)is done honestly ??
I have no idea, but I do know that wherever fraud exists, it exists because no one talks about what they are doing. They keep the secret. They don't share their "magical power to make things happen" with a virtual stranger whilst nudging and winking.

I think you need to refer back to kenyancowgirl's post in order to understand the agenda here.

And certainly not whilst nudging and winking and inviting you to put your child in their tuition centre so that your child can also have the benefit of their magical powers, and their magical powers can relieve you of hundreds of £ in the process..... :shock:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

So I guess the point is, there is no point in bringing this officially to any relevant officer's attention, because this is Birmingham and so they're probably all in on it, anyway?

:shock:

To quote (or probably paraphrase, it's a very long time since it was last shown :lol: ) an old ad for a certain brand of instant coffee, 'I hate to spread gossip, but honestly, what else can you do with it?'
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now