WGHS - The Next Step in the process & dates for the calander

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
finners

WGHS - The Next Step in the process & dates for the calander

Post by finners »

Hello,

Right I can relax, my daughter has sat the Walsall Consortium exam & the viable option seems WHGS, She has also done the Thomas Telford Test & I have applied her for the Royal Free School in Wolves.

Her CAF has been put in which states

1. WHGS
2. Local LEA School (Cheslyn Hay)
3. Local LEA School (Coppice)

as both TT & Royal are independent schools & do not need to be included. Yet it states 5 choices on the CAF but there are no viable good schools outside these two LEA Schools , do I still throw in 2 other schools even though she will never go there!

Also can anyone clarify the actual dates the WHGS & TT notify parents, as it seems to be all over the placce I/e early March.mid March & end of March...I am guessing March is fraught!

Is WHGS & TT & the Royal at the beginning of March so you can make a decision should you not get in for the LEA Schools.

thanks in advance
hermanmunster

Re: WGHS - The Next Step in the process & dates for the cala

Post by hermanmunster »

I am pretty certain that TT offers come about the same time as allocation day.

If you absolutely sure that you will get one of the 2 local LEA schools that you have put down then you don't need to fill all the slots.

I was in a different area and only needed to put one school down, but then I was certain of a place. you do need to be confident of this to leave some blank slots
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now