Still not decided

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
May sun

Still not decided

Post by May sun »

Hi, this is my first post on this forum. All last year we were preparing for SGGS, we've been to their open day a year ago and we liked it. I've never consider KECHG until we went to their open day last month. I liked the school and now we are torn apart and wonder which one will be the best for my daughter! The bus journey is 40 minutes to both schools, they both have similar record from what I've read. My dd loved both but leaning towards SGGS, I'm the same but leaning more towards KECHG. Any suggestion to further differentiate between the 2 schools would be much appreciated.
thirdtimemum

Re: Still not decided

Post by thirdtimemum »

Hi and welcome to the forum. My personal opinion is that if both are the same difference in commute and are very similar in results I would allow my DD to make the decision. Both are very good schools and I think it has to come down to which she prefers. Good luck with your decision.
DGM

Post by DGM »

Hi May sun,

The schools have a different feel and if your DD has seen both during the day, then she probably knows which she feels most comfortable with.

Wishing you both all the best!
Last edited by DGM on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green Girl

Post by Green Girl »

I'd agree with the other two posters. Both great schools but they feel quite different. If your daughter favours Sutton I would go with that.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

May sun, if you have the score, take Camp Hill girls. We are talking degrees, but as long as the commute is okay CHG is the better school academically and for its class profile.

Think carefully before giving up a place at a more prestigious school. Many will disagree, but if that matters to you take it.
DGM

Post by DGM »

Hi all, and just to clarify. I was referring to Stratford Girls Grammar school as I thought that was the SGGS referred to in May sun's post.
Green Girl

Post by Green Girl »

DGM wrote:Hi all, and just to clarify. I was referring to Stratford Girls Grammar school as I thought that was the SGGS referred to in May sun's post.
Apologies, think that is me misunderstanding abbreviations. I don't know anything about Stratford Girls Grammar so I'll leave advice to others. Hope you've made a decision May sun
DGM

Post by DGM »

Hope all is done now :)
Last edited by DGM on Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

I thought that the post was about Stratford too. Sutton is SCGSG.
um

Post by um »

Petitpois wrote:May sun, if you have the score, take Camp Hill girls. We are talking degrees, but as long as the commute is okay CHG is the better school academically and for its class profile.

Think carefully before giving up a place at a more prestigious school. Many will disagree, but if that matters to you take it.
I have to disagree with that!
How is it better academically? Some years, KE Handsworth has scored better than CHG!
The fact is that they are both excellent academically.

I am perfectly happy with CHG - my dd attends. I chose it because we live nearby and her bothers are at CHB. If we lived in /near Handsworth to be frank I would have happily chosen KE Handsworth.
What is this thing about class profile? Do you mean rich families and poor families? In my experience, poorer families are far more interested in education and working hard!!!
I am also very happy that the 'class profile' is mixed and NOT just richer families (more mixed than the boys' school) and my daughter has a variety of friendships there from all (so-called :roll: ) classes.