That's it - the next wait begins!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nervousmom

That's it - the next wait begins!

Post by nervousmom »

Well, last day for CAF submission is here. Lets hope any undecideds make up their mind pretty quick because time is running out.

Only 4 months to go!!! Did anyone realise we have to wait an extra day due to 2016 being a leap year!

Bring on 29th Feb. I for one will be on here until at least midnight into 1st march to see which councils email results early.

With DS 3 years ago we didnt receive our email from Warks until 8.25am on 1st, a whole 5 minutes early! I already knew DS had got his place as others councils had sent early and lower scores had places!

Always nice to see the official email though.

Good luck everyone.
Thumbsup

Re: That's it - the next wait begins!

Post by Thumbsup »

These 4 months are going to drag!!! Will be a long wait. But all will be forgotten if we get our desired outcome! Will be mixed emotions on 29 Feb. Good luck to all!
tiredmama

Post by tiredmama »

nervousmom wrote: Did anyone realise we have to wait an extra day due to 2016 being a leap year!
Or may be even 2 extra days due to 1st of March falling on a Sunday? :mrgreen:
"To show me is far better than to lecture everyday.
To lead me is far greater than to just point out the way.
So if you tell me everything then I shall understand,
But rapid streams of words cannot compete with deed of hand[...]"
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

1st march is actually a Tuesday :D

I wander how many people will miss today's deadline :?
tiredmama

Post by tiredmama »

nervousmom wrote:1st march is actually a Tuesday :D
:mrgreen: oh you're right and that's music to my ears. I think I checked 2015 calendar :oops:
"To show me is far better than to lecture everyday.
To lead me is far greater than to just point out the way.
So if you tell me everything then I shall understand,
But rapid streams of words cannot compete with deed of hand[...]"
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

I keep panicking and thinking I've missed it and keep checking to make sure I've done it correctly. I submitted it last week but still have to keep checking me email. Although I've put queen marys high school for boys on my list, that is QMGS I think or have I put some really bizarre 2nd choice down?! we haven't enough to get in there in any case but DS wanted to put it second so I let him.
Really must come off this forum for a few months and not keep thinking about it, I've got Christmas to keep me busy :P
Thumbsup

Post by Thumbsup »

Firsttimemum wrote:I keep panicking and thinking I've missed it and keep checking to make sure I've done it correctly. I submitted it last week but still have to keep checking me email. Although I've put queen marys high school for boys on my list, that is QMGS I think or have I put some really bizarre 2nd choice down?! we haven't enough to get in there in any case but DS wanted to put it second so I let him.
Really must come off this forum for a few months and not keep thinking about it, I've got Christmas to keep me busy :P
Queen Mary's High School is the Girls School. (Address: Upper Forster St, Walsall, West Midlands WS4 2AE)

Queen Mary's Grammar School is the Boys School. (Address: Sutton Rd, Walsall, West Midlands, WS1 2PG)

Please also check the address to ensure you have the correct school.

I have also checked and rechecked! I am pleased, that nothing has changed and the application has definitely been submitted! As I kept going back into it, I was scared I may have messed it up!

Wait well and truly begins now!!!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I keep checking mine and the confirmation email!

I even sent warks admissions an email to check I'd put the right LEA for each school!
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

I went on the website and checked mine again , my form says Queen Mary's Grammar but my email says Queen Mary's high school for boys.... How bizarre!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who is OCD with the CAF :lol:

I went for a walk earlier and was thinking about offers day and wandered why on earth it takes 4 months for the offers to be made.

It's all done by computer, so why does it take so long?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now