Anyone still after a place at KE

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Petitpois

Anyone still after a place at KE

Post by Petitpois »

Anyone still thinking of 2015/16 entry at the KE schools, the scores are still valid. Seems to me that missing only one term is not such a bad thing.

My instinct tells me that CHG have at least one spare place
moseleymum

Re: Anyone still after a place at KE

Post by moseleymum »

Instinct or insider knowledge? :wink:

There are places for 2015-16 being made available at other schools too :wink: .
Nard

Post by Nard »

If places do become available don't the Local Authority concerned or the Foundation Office just get in touch with who is top of the waiting list.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

I think it's the school itself rather than the local authority or FO.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

If your in the 220's for September 2015 entry and had ruled it out I would chance a call to camp hill girls. Instinct based on a misunderstanding.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Up until Christmas, places go to person at the top of the waiting list. After Christmas, applications for spaces are direct to the school, I believe.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

I reckon someone has just turned down a place then, but thanks for the clarification
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Petitpois wrote:Anyone still thinking of 2015/16 entry at the KE schools, the scores are still valid. Seems to me that missing only one term is not such a bad thing.
My instinct tells me that CHG have at least one spare place
Petitpois wrote:I reckon someone has just turned down a place then, but thanks for the clarification
Hi Petitpois, :D

You state that (I quote you): 'Of course I could be trolling CHG, but again I have no particular reason to pick on them.'

What I observe is that you are precisely posting posts which could ​leave many newbies confused and concerned, as you have already done with Aquacarey.

I do not manage to put my finger on the reason why some people like to bash at the CH schools, spreading myths about them while these posters even do not know them. Even for the parents having children in these schools, it takes time to know the school, the staff, the curriculum, the many opportunities offered... I am under the impression that this particular attitude does not really target the other GS in and around Birmingham...

From what I have noticed in the past, I know that some children who have been privately educated during their primary school years struggle after that once placed in a school with larger classes and maybe an approach to learning where more efforts is asked from them due to an emphasis on independent learning. Sometimes, these children are put back in the private sector after a short spell in the state sector.

Therefore, I will repost my previous posts on the FW and CHB thread as I had written them with my heart but I had removed them as I do not like to be too much open about my feelings and private life.
Last edited by JaneEyre on Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

I thought the camp hill girls thing was done
I spoke with chg office this week. They miunderstood my enquiry about entry for 2016 as 2015. My instinct was that there would have been a longer conversation about 2015 than there was about 2016.

In terms of the pastoral, I remain fairly neutral. We are 12 weeks away, and i will gladly take a KE if it comes our way.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

My DS is in year 9 at KEFW, he told me today that someone in his year has just left and gone to CHB and 2 new children started at FW.

So even in year 9 there's still movement!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now