Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:11 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:19 am 

Hi dis has lost his BV rugger Jersey. need to buy a new one for Monday. I know that Squirrels, existing shop supplier in Sutton Coldfield has closed down. Does anyone know the name of the new supplier, pleased?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:25 pm 

Have a look at the shops tab on the school website. Don't know your area but hopefully it will help.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:26 pm 

I don't know if this helps but their website appears to sell the schools rugby gear.Its worth a telephone call.

http://www.maudesport.com/bvgs

Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:54 pm 

I do hope you manage to get a replacement in time (DS2's school jumper has gone walkabout somewhere this week, fortunately theirs are a nice generic plain black and we have a good if rather motley supply of those hanging about the house anyway). I was going to say, don't you have a spare? - but then out of sheer idle curiosity I followed quasimodo's link and saw the prices :shock:. DS2's rugby shirts are the pair I originally bought for DS1 from the PA second hand stall for a fiver each, but I think that to put together our equivalent of the BV 'year 7 bundle' brand new would have cost me less than £50. Obviously things are not necessarily more expensive here in the south...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:05 pm 

You could try Gogna school wear. They have a shop in Handsworth, but I ordered all my DS sportswear for Five Ways on line and had it delivered.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:19 pm 

Hi, my reply may be a bit late, but you can try Clive Mark Schoolwear. There is a shop in Wylde Green and they are also online.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:27 pm 

It's Maudesport in Aldridge. I've had appalling service from them - 5 months from ordering a rugby shirt to receiving it - but they are the sole supplier. Two tops, two pairs of shorts and a pair of socks was £93! The school have been tearing their hair out about them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:46 pm 

muminbrum wrote:
It's Maudesport in Aldridge. I've had appalling service from them - 5 months from ordering a rugby shirt to receiving it - but they are the sole supplier. Two tops, two pairs of shorts and a pair of socks was £93! The school have been tearing their hair out about them.

Then why on earth don't they appoint an alternative supplier and give that one the push, or at least authorise a second supplier?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:23 pm 

It's their first year as supplier. Hopefully their last!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:54 pm 

muminbrum wrote:
It's their first year as supplier. Hopefully their last!

Were the previous suppliers dumped because they were too expensive?