Prep schools EDGBASTON

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Aflower

Prep schools EDGBASTON

Post by Aflower »

Please help!!!! I'm relocating to Edgbaston. My DS is currently in yr4 and my DD is currently in yr3. DS has been offered a place at Westhouse and Hallfield (no places available for yr5 at Blue Coat). My DD has been offered a place by BlueCoat and Hallfield. I need to inform the schools of my decision by tomorrow morning. If my children were younger I'd be thinking about the overall "experience and journey". I'll be honest and straightforward - at this stage my main agenda is to get my daughter and son into a local grammar school. Hallfield has excellent results but the head said they don't practice CEM type questions or typical exam questions at school. Ideally I'd like to send them both to the same school - the only option for that would be Hallfield. Any views/opinions/experience of these schools and their success relating to grammar school prep and entrance? I understand the argument for and against, but I won't be considering a state school. Many thanks in advance.
quasimodo

Re: Prep schools EDGBASTON

Post by quasimodo »

Aflower wrote:Please help!!!! I'm relocating to Edgbaston. My DS is currently in yr4 and my DD is currently in yr3. DS has been offered a place at Westhouse and Hallfield (no places available for yr5 at Blue Coat). My DD has been offered a place by BlueCoat and Hallfield. I need to inform the schools of my decision by tomorrow morning. If my children were younger I'd be thinking about the overall "experience and journey". I'll be honest and straightforward - at this stage my main agenda is to get my daughter and son into a local grammar school. Hallfield has excellent results but the head said they don't practice CEM type questions or typical exam questions at school. Ideally I'd like to send them both to the same school - the only option for that would be Hallfield. Any views/opinions/experience of these schools and their success relating to grammar school prep and entrance? I understand the argument for and against, but I won't be considering a state school. Many thanks in advance.
I presume you have seen this on Hallfields website.It was in the parents section.There is also information for the 2013/14 year.

http://www.hallfieldschool.co.uk/wp-con ... 1-.doc.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Aflower

Post by Aflower »

Thank you Quasimodo. Yes I have. I wondered if there were any other opinions or views about these schools.
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

I know children at both and all have gone on to grammar schools or KES/KEHS bar one from Bluecoat who went to EHS. My impression is that Hallfield is a nicer school, Bluecoat seems ultra competitive to me. As far as I can tell all the kids at both schools have tutors as well as prep at school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now