Tutor Help Required Please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
helen0209

Tutor Help Required Please

Post by helen0209 »

Hello All

Our DS2 is currently in Year 4, and we would like to find a tutor for him for when he starts Year 5. We have taken the DIY approach for while he is still in Year 4 so as not to overload him too early, but also to introduce him to the basics of what will be required.

However, we are unsure of which tutor to use, so would like some help. If anyone could recommend a tutor in the Erdington / Sutton Coldfield area it would really be appreciated. Please can you PM me rather than replying to this message so as not to break any forum rules.

Unfortunately our preparation for DS1 did not go as well as planned (he is currently 45th on W/L for HGS), so want to be more prepared for DS2. Knowing about this forum has been a great help already - wish I had found it 18 months ago! Obviously a tutor who works for one child may not work for another, but at least we would have a better starting point rather than choosing one blind.

Thank you in advance.
yoyo123

Re: Tutor Help Required Please

Post by yoyo123 »

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors or tutoring organisations (other than school/PTA and non-commercial organisations) to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' negative posts, seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members - check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) - who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Note:
  • • Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
pmc

Post by pmc »

Likewise, if anyone can PM with recommendations for tutors in/around Bromsgrove, that would be great. Our second kiddiwink is currently Y4 - we'd love it if she could join her brother at KEFW, but she may need a little more prep than he did.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Thank you to those who sent me messages regarding a tutor. We have now chosen one for DS2, so hopefully it will be the right decision.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Good luck on your 11+ journey :D
haika

Post by haika »

I live in Hall Green and would welcome any PM regarding possible home tutors in this area for my daughter