KES Edgbaston exam date - October not January

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

WISE

Re: KES Edgbaston exam date - October not January

Post by WISE »

It might be a good thing but it is a bit short notice for those sitting this year! Did they give any hints about this change at the open days or anywhere else? My DS sitting this year and I planned to spend the summer holidays with preparation for the consortium test and the Christmas holidays with creative writing, so very shocked to be honest. If they told us at the beginning of the year it would have been much better for everyone.
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

They are not keen on preparation and tutoring at KES, and mentioned that they could spot tutored creative writing! I think there's a style that can develop from tuition centre taught composition techniques, or using particular books too.
WISE

Post by WISE »

I can understand that, but a child needs guidance and practice about basic writing, not over tutoring.

My son's primary hardly teach anything, so kids from this school definitively need some tutoring. Otherwise it would be totally unfair on those kids to compete with private or prep school kids.

Anyways, when was the earliest that anyone came to know about this change from kes?
I think they should have made it applicable from the next year, not this year.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now