Help photo upload

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tracy41

Help photo upload

Post by Tracy41 »

Hi, I'm having problems uploading my daughters photo onto the Birmingham application form,
I am not very good with computers, Have the photo on my desktop, but every time I try and upload I can see at the bottom, it going through how much percent it is, when it gets to 100 % the part where you have to upload keeps telling me no file chosen,
Any advice greatly accepted.
Thanks in advance
OldTrout

Re: Help photo upload

Post by OldTrout »

Hi Tracy41:

I'm presuming you're using a PC computer and perhaps an older version of Windows. If this is wrong - I suggest you type in 'how to copy desktop image from ****' (use the exact type of computer for ***) on your browser (google/ firefox/ etc...) - and then read various suggested links from there.

If you're using an older PC and older version of windows

On the opening screen - so icons with various programmes on screen with background image of your daughter

right click on mouse

list will pop up - at the bottom of my list (may be elsewhere on yours) the option 'personalize' should appear

select 'personalize'

you will get Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization

You will have various options for themes (appearance/ colour scheme/ tile scheme of opening screen) - but below that you will see the file name of your current desktop image

NOTE DOWN THE IMAGE NAME FIRST! It's likely to be IMG with a lot of numbers behind it - and will be one of many files you selected from

Now - if you click 'desktop background' above the image it will take you to the folder that stores that image with others.

If you right click the image you want - you'll get a list - select 'properties'

that will show you where exactly your file is stored - write that down. Each name before the backslash is a folder.

So for your image - let's say it is image 001 it might be stored under - Pictures/Summer 2015/Holiday/image 001

go to windows explorer (the little file folder icon with tabs) - open it - scroll down under pictures or open pictures (folder often appears on top if icons) - (In explorer there is a little split screen image with a downward arrow - click this and you have a choice of how information will appear - it may be easier to work with things if they are icons (little pictures) rather than words (list option)).

- in pictures look for 'Summer 2015'

- in 'Summer 2015' look for 'Holiday'

In the 'Holiday' folder you should find 'image 001'

my advice is open your image (so double click) and once it is on screen right click - you'll get a list select 'copy' - to copy your image

Nothing will obviously happen at first - but the computer has stored this information

Go to windows explorer - double click the folder icon at the bottom of your screen (or on your desktop)

open My Pictures

Right click - select new - which creates a new folder

Name it something relevant - like 11plus (or whatever seems appropriate)

open that folder

right click

paste the image

You now have a file name - which will make sense and only one image to select.

When you upload your image - you're often offered a tab which says 'browse' - click this to find the image location on your computer - select my pictures - select the name of your new folder (for example I named in KE11+) - click on the picture name - click save and that should upload your file details to the KE Foundation.

Hope that helps.

OT
Tracy41

Post by Tracy41 »

Hi OldTrout,

Im using a laptop with windows 8 and google chrome if that helps any,

Will work through your suggestion, Thank you
OldTrout

Post by OldTrout »

Hi Tracy:

Should work with Windows 8.

Good luck.

I'll check later this afternoon - but let me know if you need more help or, indeed, if it works.

Best of luck to you and your DD on the 11+. Hopefully this is the hardest part!

OT
Nard

Post by Nard »

I've gone on to the website today to register as well but I didn't realise that you had to upload a photograph. Will have to get this sorted and try again tomorrow. It is coming round really quick now and the test will be upon as before we know it.
mum1115

Post by mum1115 »

I emailed myself a photo from my phone, then clicked download on the photo when the email came through. The download showed at the bottom of my screen and I dragged it to the space to upload. That worked for me :)

Coming round fast now - eek
z-g

Post by z-g »

We'll be filling the form at the weekend, hopefully, not long left!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now