KEHS assisted place interview

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Anigan

KEHS assisted place interview

Post by Anigan »

Hi, we've been offered an assisted place and have sent off detailed information regarding our finances, income, expenditure etc etc... They don't ask for much! We are now awaiting an appointment with the fees officer to go through this information and any clarifications etc. Anyone have any idea about the nature of this interview and what to expect? It all seems like another hurdle really! :? Thanks
crazycrofter

Re: KEHS assisted place interview

Post by crazycrofter »

Don't worry about it - ours was a formality. I think some people fill things in wrong or pick up the wrong figures - make sure (if it's relevant) that you included pension contributions deducted in addition to gross pay from your P60. My interview lasted about ten minutes and she gave me an estimate of the fees (but you don't get the actual confirmation until quite late - I think it might have been August).
Anigan

Post by Anigan »

Thanks crazycrofter, it's a little unnerving having to present all our financial information in this way, didn't realise how much information they would require although it's understandable so they can best allocate funds and provide the right assistance. Just want the interview to be over now and worried what the actual figure for the fees will be.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I don't know if you have seen this link before it is on the schools website.

http://fluencycontent-schoolwebsite.net ... 015-16.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Anigan - where are you currently holding a GS place?
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Hi Nervousmum, looking back at the posts I don't think they are. DD scored 214 and was 66th on SCGSG W/L.
Anigan

Post by Anigan »

That's correct, missed out on a grammar school place and too far down on waiting list. English and creative writing is where my DD excels so reckon that really helped with the KEHS exam and the fact that she felt less pressure.

Really liked the look of KEHS both times I went down and they have smaller class sizes which I feel will suit my daughter. However when embarking on the 11+ journey I never thought we'd be considering a private school at this end of the journey and the prospect of paying fees albeit assisted is very daunting as this will be throughout her secondary education. We have other children also so we need to consider them too in the grand scheme of things. Embarking on the 11+ journey again this year with my son.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now