Best wishes fellow travellers 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

OldTrout

Best wishes fellow travellers 2015

Post by OldTrout »

Well my friends from the 2015 exam round...all our little ones are soon off to their new schools.

I've just settled in for the evening after sewing in name tapes on the new PE kit.

Just wanted to wish everyone's children a successful year 7 and a great first few days at their new school.

OT
bluejay

Re: Best wishes fellow travellers 2015

Post by bluejay »

Thank you OT. DS had a great 1st day at KEFW. It was nerve wrecking for me as a mum and DS was extremely nervous as well as excited. He was all smiles when he came out. I heard one of the mums say that her son had already lost his blazer! So Well Done on the name tags! :lol:
SKJ76

Post by SKJ76 »

Good luck to all DCs at their secondary schools - DS seems to have also enjoyed his first couple of days at KEFW (already have a games kit to wash!). Will need to start prep for DS2!!! :shock:
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

DD has enjoyed her first couple of days at KEFW.

She's done her first homework tonight too.

I buy the iron on labels and have put them on everything, including sports socks :lol:

Good luck to all other Y7 starting next week.
Tonythetiger

Post by Tonythetiger »

Sorry, a little late to the party - DD doesn't start until tomorrow but I gather Five Ways and Camp Hill started last week!

Can't quite believe we're here now but all the very best to all those starting (or have started!) year 7. Quite a journey but we're all there now!
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Glad to hear the first day has gone well for all those who started last week - same here as DS had his first day today at KES Stratford and came back happy, though shattered!
Good luck to those embarking upon this journey tomorrow.....
tiredmama

Post by tiredmama »

Dd came beaming from CHG, I am so relieved as she was somewhat unsure after induction day. Pleased to hear about all happy starts, may things stay this way and may all our children blossom in their schools both academically and socially.
"To show me is far better than to lecture everyday.
To lead me is far greater than to just point out the way.
So if you tell me everything then I shall understand,
But rapid streams of words cannot compete with deed of hand[...]"
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Good to hear things have been going well! My boy was so tired after his first day at CHB that he had a bit of a meltdown. Much better this evening, I'm pleased to say. He's been enjoying school but I'd forgotten how much of a shock to the system the long school day is after the long summer off...

Just his older brother to return tomorrow (to KES) and then my three are all safely back in the groove....
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Glad everyone seems to have enjoyed their first few days. DS only starts tomorrow, so hopefully it will be fine as well.

Nervousmum - I have labelled DS's sports socks too! :D

Prep for DS2 now starting to ramp up a little as it's now only a year away :shock: Have learnt so much through this forum, so hopefully we will be more prepared second time around - so thanks to everyone for their advice and help.
OldTrout

Post by OldTrout »

Thanks for replying everybody.

Small fry reports first days at CHG have been really good. Says kids are friendly, teachers seem nice and food is much better than at her primary. She even reported she liked the lasagne. Papa trout is a bit bent out of shape at this - as she refuses his homemade lasagna.

Turtlegirl - if it is any consolation I've got a tired small fry here too. Was talking to a friend who said this first term at a grammar (her son is at FW) is really tiring (emotionally and physically) - her advice was beware of week 5 or 6 - when the newness wears off and the workload is full on. She told me the best plan is a quiet half-term in late October with plenty of rest.