Thomas Telford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Newbiee

Thomas Telford

Post by Newbiee »

Does anyone know what the exam content for Thomas Telford is? My DD will be taking Thomas Telford exam next week and i have read the rules of admission and it says "Those who apply will be invited to attend for a non-verbal reasoning assessment to determine the band of ability within which they will be considered".
I have been speaking to some parents at my DD school and they were saying (and I have been reading few past posts here) that its there will be NVR,VR and maths in the test :? .
Any info would be helpful.

Thank you
Thumbsup

Re: Thomas Telford

Post by Thumbsup »

Last year it was a mixture of NVR, VR & NR. But from this year it appears the admission rules have changed and it is Only NVR! I was surprised when someone mentioned to me. But check out the link below and have a read

http://ttsonline.net/Uploads/documents/ ... n_2017.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've just selected this text from the document which explains:

Those who apply will be invited to attend for a non-verbal reasoning assessment to determine the band of ability within which they will be considered. Following this assessment, your child will be placed in one of nine bands of ability A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H or I, Band A being the lowest and Band I the highest. Within each band, places will be allocated as far as practicable over the full range of ability.