KES exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

UmSusu

Re: KES exam

Post by UmSusu »

Any feedback on the maths exam for KES? None of the content, obviously, but how they found it.

I already know that it is possible to get a place without doing any of the section C if they have done well in the other parts, but did any of your DC attempt it? DS3 really struggled with this section - he tried but he could only do one question and the beginning of another (whether his answer was correct or not is another matter :lol: )
UmSusu
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

Just asked ds and he said the same - he thinks he might have completed one question in section C and struggled with the others! .

I'm not feeling hugely confident after hearing the content of his creative writing but who knows!
Last edited by crazycrofter on Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Crazycrofter it is reassuring to know that it wasn't just my DS that struggled with the some of the maths but I think you should edit what you wrote about the writing element - there are some boys who will sit the test late.
UmSusu
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

Of course, that didn't occur to me - I've taken it out. I thought they set a different exam for late sitters though?
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I understand they use the same paper as it would not be fair to compare otherwise.

Anyway, now that we KES off the way, we have only 4 sleeps to go (and possibly even 3)!!!
UmSusu
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

Scary! Ds was saying last night that he's excited to get the results on Friday. I think he thinks he did quite well - which always worries me as he's a terrible judge of how he's got on!
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Same here. DS was only so-so during the mocks but he did improve his timings over the summer and came out of the exam rather confident that he has done well - I am really hoping I don't have to burst his bubble on the day :?
UmSusu
Jackdaw1

Post by Jackdaw1 »

Hi Maths the trickiest bit here too; any suggestions when they might hold interviews and music auditions? Am not hopeful but would be good to be prepared...
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

Were you handed a yellow sheet when you dropped him off? I've thrown mine away now, but I think it said interviews would be held between 31st October and 2nd December.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Crazycrofter is correct about the interview dates - straight after half-term.

Usually, they start calling a week to ten days after the exam to set up the first interviews, so not sure if there will be some calls early next week to arrange some of the interviews or whether they will leave it all until after half-term.
UmSusu