Birmingham Grammar Schools - Results 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
WISE

Re: Birmingham Grammar Schools - Results 2017

Post by WISE »

DS is born on September 3rd.

Not sure if enough for KEA which is nearest to us.

Any advice most welcome!
simplelearning

Post by simplelearning »

WISE wrote:221

Any advice most welcome!
Seems like last years entry was 221 but waiting list kids got in at 209.
imranb

Post by imranb »

UmSusu wrote:
imranb wrote:Got it! It's 248......Hopefully CHB......
Congratulations!!! Very good news :D I knew he would do it.
Thanks! :-) Just waiting for him to return from school and a tight hug awaits - He would have got that anyways :wink:
I would advise all parents to shower their kids with loads of appreciation whatever may be the score......These super-kids have worked way beyond their age and maturity.
gcpa

Post by gcpa »

Ds has scored 238, bit upset as he wont be at CHB with his brother, but regardless a good score and FW possible for us I guess.
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

As an old timer on here. Having been through this 3 times. Eldest final year A Levels, Second First year A Levels and youngest 2nd Year Secondary.

I know this time is stressful for the kids and the parents. From my experience as my 2nd daughter did not do well its not the end of the world. She reached grammar at 6th form. They have a great base wherever there end up.

Congratulations to the Kids who did well, as for the ones who did not like I said taking my 2nd daughter into the equation it really is not the end its a beginning of a new chapter. A hard working child with supportive parents will succeed.

As for scores my nephew Got 254 wow and this kid was borderline when he started.
tazmanbhm

Post by tazmanbhm »

Congratulations to all the kids who took this years test.

Our son achieved 226 and we are very proud of this achievement.

Good luck to those still waiting on results.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

That's such good news Footballdad - it's so good to see you back on here :D with your usual wisdom.

I hope your DD has settled in well at secondary
Last edited by UmSusu on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UmSusu
Enjoyingthejourney

Post by Enjoyingthejourney »

Gcpa, surely CHB is possible from the waiting list?
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

veryhopeful wrote:We just got it. 228 for DD. CHG not possible it looks may end up in KE Handsworth or SGS.
I think your guaranteed KEVIHS or SGS on that score. Without any disrespect at all to CHG the differences are marginal and we would not have chosen it over KEVIHS. You still have the option of putting CHG 1st and hoping, pretty much certain you have got one of the other two in the bag. If you choose KEVIHS you won't regret it, but I am sure similar sentiments apply to SCGGS.
Newbiee wrote:
Newbiee wrote:Congratulations to those who have received their results Very well done. We are still waiting for ours.. :| . cant wait until i get home
Just got a message..My DD got 219 :?
Waiting list cut off for KEVIHS this year was 219 and I think SCGGS was lower. My DD tells me a new girl starts after half term, so waiting list movement still going on this late from last years results. Previous years cut off was 219. With no change in number of sitters between this year and last year a small fall back in preferences (they rose at KEVIHS this year by 11%) give you a decent chance at KEVIHS or SCGGS. Long nail biting wait mind, but if KEVIHS cut off is say 221 on 1/3/17 (easily possible with a 3-4% drop in preferences) that would most likely mean you would get an offer. Don't forget that the waiting list is ruled by distance to the school.
um

Post by um »

simplelearning wrote:
WISE wrote:221

Any advice most welcome!
Seems like last years entry was 221 but waiting list kids got in at 209.
Last year, we know that waiting list boys did get in at 219. However only children eligible for Pupil Premium gained entry at 209.