KEHS offer process??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mummy123

Re: KEHS offer process??

Post by Mummy123 »

Thanks so much for your advice. We have booked visits at both schools hoping it will help us decide. :D
imranb

Post by imranb »

hermanmunster wrote:http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.u ... 5_cyle.pdf

there are other years too http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.u ... statistics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; see links on right hand side
Fantastic! Thanks ever so much.
One of the most striking statistic is that the success rate at Cambridge for students from grammars is 32.6%, as compared to 22.3% for students from Comps. I would have expected that gap to be wider, nevertheless an eye-opener.

Sorry I didn't mean to hijack this thread and go on a tangent. Please do continue with your discussion on KEHS.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Also still off on that tangent for a mo - I am slightly boggled at a) the number of students who applied to transfer from UCL (38, more than from any other, the next nearest being Imperial and KCL with 28 each) and b) the fact that only 5 were successful in their application.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Mummy123

Post by Mummy123 »

Does anyone have any idea how many APs are rejected per year......I'm assuming it will be more this year as the exam took place early before the other/ earlier grammar 11+ scores coming out.

Thanks in advance...again
mum1115

Post by mum1115 »

We are in a real quandary with our AP place. We still have a huge chunk of fees to pay. We are going to make a decision once we know if my DD has CHG on 1st march or where she places on the waiting list.
Mummy123

Post by Mummy123 »

It is a hard decision.....do they go exactly by the AP fee scale table or can they give less than what it shows you would get.
mum1115

Post by mum1115 »

I guess it depends what funds they have available as they get lower down their list of those eligible? We were offered the direct value from the scale of fees from our income on the green application form. I now have what appears to be a small book of data to complete and a meeting to go to before the pupil evening in feb so they can give a definitive figure that our fees will be.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

They go by the scale when they offer APs. They do not reduce as they go down the list as they take into account what each applicant is likely to need before they offer APs. I think parents already provide provisional income data when they apply.
UmSusu
Mummy123

Post by Mummy123 »

Hello everyone,

Hope you had a nice break.

We have an appointment next week to see the bursar to prove we can afford the fees for a full fee place but we still want Assisted Place option left available to us because a full fee place is doable for us but very difficult at the same time.(It will require us to make changes.)

Any tips

Thanks in advance.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

My tip is to remember that Bursaries are there for people who cannot afford places even if they make changes!! :shock: Of course they are offering a full fee place if they think by making some changes you can afford it - that is the point...

Just be honest with the Bursar about your outgoings and incomings - if they don't think you can afford it, they can still withdraw the offer of the place (and will do that if there is no money in the bursary pot left, which is very likely at this stage.)