Additional form for grammar school?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jamesgosling

Additional form for grammar school?

Post by jamesgosling »

Hi,

I am doing the online application for the next year's school. From the council's "Secondary Education" book, it says
"If any of your preferences include academy, foundation, grammar , then you may need to complete an additional information form, as well as applying online"

I am not sure what "additional form" I need to fill. Pupil Premium? My DD's choice is Sutton Coldfield Grammar School For Girls, Handsworth and CampHill.

Any idea? Thanks a lot !
Last edited by jamesgosling on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
mum1115

Re: Additional form for grammar school?

Post by mum1115 »

I would imagine the additional form in the case of the grammar schools is we had to apply to sit the test.
Other than that, as far as I am aware you just fill in your CAF.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi

Have a look at this thread http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 56#p591456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it tends to be faith schools etc who need a SIF but best to check the Birmingham admissions and the Sutton Coldfield admissions
jamesgosling

Post by jamesgosling »

Thanks mum1115 and hermanmunster. I read through the thread and it suggested that only faith schools need extra form.

I will phone the school to double check.
OldTrout

Post by OldTrout »

mum1115 wrote:I would imagine the additional form in the case of the grammar schools is we had to apply to sit the test.
Other than that, as far as I am aware you just fill in your CAF.
Hi Jamesgosling

Just confirming what mum1115 said. The 'additional form' for grammar schools in Birmingham is indeed the 11+ registration (and indeed result).

I fear this is the LEA opting for one catchall term to cover the myriad of policies schools may operate.
jamesgosling

Post by jamesgosling »

Thank you OldTrout. That's assuring.

I just phoned the Sutton coldfield girl school office and they confirmed that they just need the online form, nothing else.