waiting list query help

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Petitpois

Re: waiting list query help

Post by Petitpois »

bagofchips wrote:Hi all, my dd has come out with a score of 205. The qualifying score is 200. Do you think she will be able to get a place, she is pupil premium. Have any other parents here (pp) had any success with KEFW with a similar score? Also, I hear there is also a pp waiting list. I phoned up KE foundation office this morning and was told that if this was last year, she would not have gained a place.. What are the chances? Also, does cut off score of 210 necessarily mean that no one below that got in? Do all pp places really get filled?
Thanks in advance!
Bag of chips - two things two consider

1) How many kids took the test this year that were eligible for pupil premium (not known generally)
2) How many then apply to KEFW (definitely not known at the moment)

So is it possible that the PP cut off could fall for KEFW? It is possible yes.

However 1700 people put the school down on their form last year and the cut offs still rose despite that being a drop from 1800 the previous year. Which suggests it won't drop.

KE or foundation office can't say one way or another. If you rule your self out by not putting it down, then you have no chance. So I would would still have a go. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
mum1115

Re: waiting list query help

Post by mum1115 »

Thanks petitpois

route/transport wise Stratford grammar is easier than the other birmingham grammars for us. CHG is the absolute easiest though and the school my DD prefers. Although she does really like KEHS and there is a bus goes there from very near us but going there is dependent on financial assistance/scholarship.
We will just have to wait and see what happens with indie offers and 1st march offers and if necessary hope it's not too long a wait on the chg waiting list.
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.