LEA FORM SOLIHULL

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mumfaa

LEA FORM SOLIHULL

Post by Mumfaa »

Hi all,as this is the first time for us so little confused My son got 229 in Bhm exam and 340 in Walsall. After much thinking we have decided to put QMGS as our ist choice as we are flexible to move.Our local authority is Solihull.would we be needing any form from Walsall LEA or we would simply put the name of QMGS as first choice on Solihull LEA form?For Bhm I know there is no catchment area is thay true for QMGS as well?TIA
hermanmunster

Re: LEA FORM SOLIHULL

Post by hermanmunster »

You just need to put the schools on the Solihull CAF. The Birmingham schools and QMGS work on score only so no catchment

It is a long way to travel to Walsall - is there nowhere nearer home that you would prefer to go?
imranb

Post by imranb »

229 is a fantastic score. It will definitely get your son into KEA and even possibly Five Ways. Both are fantastic schools and travel-able from Solihull. Is there any specific reason why you are not considering these?
everylittlehelps

Post by everylittlehelps »

From Admission policy

a) Application to the Local Authority

Parents make an application to the Local Authority in which they live (using the CAF) by 31st October 2016. Parents can express preferences for at least three schools on this application. If you wish your child to attend Queen Mary’s Grammar School, you must list a preference for Queen Mary's Grammar School on the application to the Local Authority.

4. Admission Criteria

The PAN for entry to Year 7 is 150 pupils. As a selective school which offers places based on ability, the Governors are not obliged to admit pupils to the PAN. Once the order of merit has been finalised, places will be offered to candidates with reference to their rank order in the Test until such time as the Governors consider that they have offered places to candidates of the appropriate ability.
Mumfaa

Post by Mumfaa »

Thank you all for the quick replies .Aston is very far from Solihull and involves a lot of travelling. As we are flexible to move so we plan to move to Walsall before our son starts his school. Also me and my husband dont want to shift to central Birmingham bc of travelling to our workplaces.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now