KEVIHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tracy41

KEVIHS

Post by Tracy41 »

Just after a bit of information, after reading all of last years results I thought I was on the understanding that the lowest score on offers day was 223, but have just phoned the council office to be told last year lowest score on offer day was 232, am a bit worried now DD scored 226, does this mean we will have to wait and see if she is offered of the waiting list

Thanks in advance
OldTrout

Re: KEVIHS

Post by OldTrout »

Tracy41 wrote:Just after a bit of information, after reading all of last years results I thought I was on the understanding that the lowest score on offers day was 223, but have just phoned the council office to be told last year lowest score on offer day was 232, am a bit worried now DD scored 226, does this mean we will have to wait and see if she is offered of the waiting list

Thanks in advance
Tracy41

I think the Birmingham LEA person misread their information or read a typo.

The CUT OFF Score last year (2016 entry) was 223 (TWO-TWO-THREE) for Handsworth GIRLS.

info here: https://www.birminghamgrammarschools.or ... and-offers - please scroll down to CUT OFF SCORES.

Now - in fact the CUT OFF SCORE posted on the Grammar Schools in Birmingham site does not mean the last person in - but means the last person offered a place on offers day based on their score and PAN (pupil allocation numbers - i.e. a school can only take x many pupils - so initial offer is to that - then people decline/ accept other offers and the students are asked from highest score/ smallest physical distance if tied scores - from wait list places).

This is just copied from the Waitlist Movements 2016 thread at the top of this Region - http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=46101

last year for Handsworth people on the forum reported the following with wait list activity:

223 - 4th on list for KE Handsworth
223 - 8th on list for KE Handsworth - offered place on 15 March
223 - 13th on list for KE Handsworth - offered place on 20 March
223 - 15th on list for KE Handsworth
222 - 16th on list for KE Handsworth
222 - 20th on list for KE Handsworth - moved up to 13th on list on 14 March - offered place on 21 March
221 - 23rd on list for KE Handsworth - moved up to 3rd on list on 23rd March - offered place on 11th April

221 - 29th on list for KE Handsworth - moved to 10th on 18th March - moved to 4th on 11th April - offered place on 22nd April

221 - 32nd on list for KE Handsworth - moved to 26th on list on 11 March -13th on list on 18th March - 10th on 23rd March - 5th on 15th April - 1st on 22nd April - offered place on 29th April

221 - 34th on list for KE Handsworth - moved to 8th on list on 12th April - moved to 1st on list on 25 May - offered place on 27 May

220 - 46th on list for KE Handsworth (we know 57 girls offered KEH after offer day last year but this may have been an unusual year) - moved to 27th on list on 18th March

214 - 116th on list for KE Handsworth

-------------------------------

So Tracy 41 it looks like kids with a score of 221 were ultimately offered non-PP places at KEVI Handsworth Girls last year for entry Sept 2016. I suspect more places were offered after May (indeed I think somebody (?TonytheTiger) posted elsewhere about it but this was not updated on the waitlist thread).

So Tracy - to recap:

The CUT OFF is the last offered score for non-Pupil premium students as of March 1st. This IS NOT the lowest score offered.

A Waitlist will start on March 1st and systematically the LEA/ Grammar Schools will make offers to children on the waitlist in order (by score and if tied score by distance) one by one until all places are full.

Birmingham LEA will keep the waitlist until Christmas 2017. If you want to remain on the wait list after Christmas contact the school(s) concerned directly before schools break up in Dec 2017.

For the last two years at little fish's non-selective secondary school one or two kids have left to go join a grammar school in January. IT DOES HAPPEN!

If you're reasonably high up the wait list (and you can gauge that by movements in 2016/ 2015 as reported here on the forum) - there is every reason to be hopeful. It's just a waiting game.

Hope that helps.

OT
Tracy41

Re: KEVIHS

Post by Tracy41 »

Thank you for you reply Old Trout,
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now