Interview format - any help please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sunnydeejay

Interview format - any help please

Post by Sunnydeejay »

Hi everyone - I'm a newbie on here and would really appreciate some help. We had a call from KES asking to see DS for an interview :D I spoke to the director of admissions and she said he was a borderline - very strong at English but not so strong at Maths. He has an interview/chat with a Maths teacher and one of the deputy heads. Will he have to do some sort of Maths test at the interview? What types of questions may they ask? I understand from other threads on here they usually ask about books DS likes to read - but confused whether this will be relevant given they're checking his strength for Maths. Will we (parents) be interviewed too? (No AP or scholarship). Any help would be terrific thanks.
WISE

Re: Interview format - any help please

Post by WISE »

I know a boy who attended KES interview 2 years ago for an AP. It was an informal chat basically with the chief master and another teacher but they did give him some maths questions (2 or 3) to solve in front of them. He found the questions quite easy basic operations, as far as I remember.

Since you are not applying for AP or scholarships I'm not sure if all interviews are similar or different for different types of applicants (AP vs Fee paying).

When did you get the call and when is the interview?

Best luck!
Sunnydeejay

Re: Interview format - any help please

Post by Sunnydeejay »

Thanks for the reply Wise. His interview is on Thursday and we got the call a few days ago. I'm trying not to over stress him about the interview but wondered if he should do some refresher maths work as he's obviously slacked off all the extra work since his 11 plus tests :D