Appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mm2

Post by mm2 »

dear confusedmum and kefew
I do so sincereley hope that yoyr friends get into kefw.

you never know , there may be many girls in that dreaded list that have been offered another girls grammar school place and have accepted that happily.
Also there will be a fair few who may have got into independent schools , not just kehs, kes but also solihull school etc.
I know of many who made their poor child sit for every exam under the sun.

keeping fingers crossed for them.
kefew

Post by kefew »

Does anyone have any experience of trying to appeal to a school not on your original list eg: Aston / handsworth on the basis that the child scored enough to get in there?
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi kefew

It's a bit difficult answering questions by proxy and without all of the specific facts.

The best thing to do would be to get your friend to register with the forum and then post all of the details of their particular circumstances on the Appeals section. We would need to know which LEA they are with, what their KE Score was and what schools they put on their preference list.

There was one particular case last year where the parent put a local a Sutton Grammar as 1st choice, local Comp as 2nd choice and a KE Grammar as 3rd choice. Their child failed Sutton, passed the KE grammar exam but was offered a place at the local comp as they put this 2nd. Don't think they had any joy with the KE Grammar when they tried to get this switched.

Regards

ken
kefew

appeals

Post by kefew »

Thanks kenr - I have suggested the site but this is a very difficult time.

I have done the research quietly but from all I have now read I am loathe to encourage her to adopt my pushy approach (or pry into results and personal circumstances) as it probably won't work anyway against the might of the KE machine.