Saturday 8th Test Day!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

serialtester

Post by serialtester »

Hi! I've just dropped my daughter off at handsworth boys school to sit her test! She wants 5 ways - we've already got one in there and it's fantastic!
ews147

Post by ews147 »

Well, it's all over now! :D DD said it was harder than he thought it would be , particulary compared to the Bishop Vesey test .....english was reasonably easy but maths quite tricky - and that is his strongest subject!

Any other early feedback?
blackwellmum

Post by blackwellmum »

Daughter came out smiling and saying that it was easier than her practice stuff had beenf(no more info right now til 17th nov -I think the date for is the retake for poorly kids!!) but she felt that it had been a really nice experience. the teachers were kind, the room omfy and she said it had been a really nice morning and didn't feel nervous. Couldn't believe how organised it all was.
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Hi all... my daughter said it was "alright".. whatever that means. Some was easier than what she had done in practice and some was a little more difficult... mainly maths. She found it harder than Sutton but she was expecting that.

She sat it a CHill which was also very well organised.. and we benefitted by getting there early and missing any queues which may have formed. Very smooth operation.

We'll have to reconvene after the 17th.

Off to chill for rest of day as only had 4 hrs sleep.. daughter, thankfully had good night's sleep.
Bye for now
ews147

Post by ews147 »

DS did his at KES, which was ok until collection time - we had to meet the children outside for 11.30(not allowed into the building at all), but there was some delay and most children didn't come out till almost 12pm, by which time it was poring with rain and we parents got drenched! I also felt sorry for the children coming out of the doot to be met by a huge mob of waiting parents peering at them...
ews147

Post by ews147 »

excuse my typo's -'pour' and 'door' is what I meant!
za1

KE Exam

Post by za1 »

My son took the KE exam - his feedback was that it was 'quite hard' in some areas and 'quite easy in others' - I guess this is not very informative but he seemed to be quite relaxed. Will reveal more after the 2nd exam is finished. Good luck to those kids and parents who took the exam today.....
za1

KE Exam

Post by za1 »

Without going into any detail, however, my son also felt that the Problem Maths was quite tricky!
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

fm wrote:To be honest, I don't know if she likes it. On the couple of occasions I have asked, she has replied, 'Mum, it's school. What's to like?'
Oh my Lord, fm, all this time I thought you were a man !
serialtester

Post by serialtester »

My daughter said that on the whole it was easy, but there were 4 maths questions that she found really tricky.

So...who knows :lol:

The organisation at Handsworth Boys was pretty good...better in fact than the system at five ways last year!

Roll on March!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now