What happens if your child is ill?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KAPM

What happens if your child is ill?

Post by KAPM »

My daughter has not been poorly for three years, and has been sick since Tuesday with suspected tonsellitis . She has not eaten for two days. The test is on Saturday, going to the doctors tomorrow to get a sick note and letting the admissions office know. Does anyone know when she will sit the test now.
KES Parent

Re: What happens if your child is ill?

Post by KES Parent »

KAPM wrote:My daughter has not been poorly for three years, and has been sick since Tuesday with suspected tonsellitis . She has not eaten for two days. The test is on Saturday, going to the doctors tomorrow to get a sick note and letting the admissions office know. Does anyone know when she will sit the test now.
I think it's normally about a week after the main test, but not on a Saturday, so early the following week. If you know anyone Jewish sitting the test they will know what date the supplementary test is, as they can't sit tests on a Saturday.
fm

Post by fm »

8 years ago my elder daughter did the 'sick exam'. It was on a Monday, 9/10 days after the real thing.

Just phone the Foundation office. They are always very helpful.
KAPM

Post by KAPM »

Spoke to the admissions office, they were very reassuring. I was concerned as my daughter has special educational needs and special adjusments were made for saturday. She wil take the test on the 17th November, don't know where or what time yet. I had to get a medical certificate. It had to be a private one for a fee of £14.50 as she has not been ill for 7 days.
fm

Post by fm »

Again I can only go by my daughter's experience 8 years ago but she did the 'sick exam' in the main hall in K.E. Five Ways on a normal school day. I wouldn't be surprised if it is there because it has the biggest hall, I believe, and, due to the construction of the school, possibly the easiest to ensure quiet.
It was early in the morning and I remember it was extremely cold in the hall--as in she didn't take off her coat at all. That may have been a one-off circumstance but I would send with a layer or two, just in case.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Could be the same again, I checked the 5-Ways School Calendar on the school web site and there is an entry for 11+ Supplementary Testing for Monday 17th Nov.