Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:46 am 

i just want toknow what to put as my first choice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:58 am 
Do you mean KEHS? Or one of the KE grammar schools? I ask because KES is the boys schools.

Yes, Sutton Girls is much easier to predict and therefore target. You do have to put sufficient time and effort into preparation, however, as marks required for a pass are relatively high.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:52 pm 

queen--b wrote:
i just want toknow what to put as my first choice

If you mean KEHS (Independant School) you should not but this school on your LEA form.

If you mean KEGS (State grammars) then I don’t know of any entrance exam *less* predictable.

However, for any schools which you have to enter on your LEA form then you should put them in the order of your preference. No other considerations are relevant, providing only that you have enough space to express your preferences on the form.

Excuse brevity – iPoding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:47 pm 

I agree, as far as a choice between a KE and a Sutton grammar is concerned it should be down to which one you like best. You'll only get one offer, so it's sensible to try and make sure that it's the one you'd most like to have.

I don't think it's possible to say that either entrance exam is easier than the other. The two are different in style, some children will do well in one but not the other. There are, though, slightly fewer applications for every place in the KE girls' schools (about 9 applicants per place, compared to about 12 applicants per place at Sutton) - make of that what you will.

Mike