Travel to Five Ways

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Helena

Travel to Five Ways

Post by Helena »

Hi Everyone. My son has been offered Five Ways. We live in Moseley. Has anyone any advice for travelling to school by car?

We have seen the bus timetable but are concerned that the only bus in the afternoon leaves school at 3.50 - no scope for afterschool activities.
serialtester

Post by serialtester »

Hi, I have a daughter at 5 ways (Y7) and she uses the green bus service, I can't recommend it highly enough.

While there are some after school activities most of the 'action' regarding clubs etc occurs at lunchtime. My daughter is in a choir, a G&T art club, basket ball club, badminton club and a drama club I know that some of my daughters friends who have been picked for hockey teams stay for one after school session a week - but for the rest of the time they get the bus.

I wouldn't dismiss the bus out of hand, there's a great social atmosphere on there.

Also, after the long and busy school day and the hour or so homework a night you might find that you'll want to cut down after school activities, in Y7 at least.

All the best for september :D :D
KenR

Post by KenR »

Totally agree with serial tester, the Green Bus is excellent and a great way to make friends.

My son goes to 5-Ways and travels from the Maypole. We were also concerned about after school activities but it not really a problem. You will find there are lots of parents who live in Moseley who go to 5-Ways - you soon find names and will be able to strike a deal on after school club travel etc.

Incidently brilliant school - (apart from the Head's long speeches!!)

Regards

Ken
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now