Problems getting Test Scores for the KE grammars

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

quizzer

Post by quizzer »

I think what has caused these delays is that the foundation office had power cut in the week the results came out.

Cant be sure how long it lasted but system was down that Thursday

Quizzer
jeshornet

Post by jeshornet »

Thanks FM

Now I know that it is just information and that DD isn't being disadvantaged by not having the data yet, I'm happier to wait.
jah

Post by jah »

Note that you only go on a waiting list for a school if the school offered to you was a lower preference.

I know of families who have done things like put local comp first to make sure they get offered it and then put grammar schools lower. I know it explains all about this in the admissions booklet, but still people get it wrong.

If you get offered your local comp because you put it first, you will not get put on the list for the grammar school that you've put third no mattter how brilliant your child's score.
lottie

Post by lottie »

Hi All

Last year I called on the day results came out and was given my daughters results over the phone, then they were sent to me via post. Reading the posts on this thread it seems that either they have changed their procedure or been affected by a power cut or someones absence!?

What ever the reason, it does cause unnecessary anxiety, especially for those children (and parents of course) who haven't been lucky enough to get a place and haven't got a viable alternative i.e. low achieving comp. However, I would like to stress that whenever i spoke to the foundation office they were extremely supportive and very helpful, so I should imagine that what ever has gone on may of been beyond their control. Hopefully, communications will get better over the next week.

I think that the originally poster is genuinely frustrated and anxious and unintentionally offended people using words such as 'over rate' Ke's.

Needless to say lets all Chillax (as my 12 yr old would say) and continue with supporting those who need a cyber shoulder to lean on.

Lottie :D
deb489

Post by deb489 »

Oh my god..

Got my DS score at last..

There can only be a handful of boys who got a higher score.

I am gobsmacked.

He is definitely going to get his reward..My little star who has ADHD and we had to take him out of school last June because they could not cope with him...and continually knocked back his confidence...poor kid had regular night tremors..that suddenly stopped when we took him out of school!!! and started to educate him otherwise.

Just amazed,got another genius in the house..

That,s the youngest and no more diy for me..only done it last year and it was stressfull and enjoable at times..only joined this site after the first exam and i am so pleased that we done it our way.

I am also thankful that this topic did not get hijacked at the early stage.
:D
za1

KE

Post by za1 »

I said I wouldn't reply to this thread but I will.

First of all , congratulations to your son....a major achievement I must say. Well done to him. Considering the circumstances you've stated, I really do admire his efforts.

Secondly, I think you need a large dose of modesty pills as well as some anti-arrogant pills, some tact, some manners, and some patience.

Finally, if you really want to reward the poor thing, please don't go on the trip with him!!
8)
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Za1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you!!
jeshornet

Post by jeshornet »

jah

thanks for your comments. We're in Worcs so only applied for KE this time around. DD will stay in her middle school. She's pretty happy there so it's not a disaster. I just hope that once Y6 is out of the way they'll spend a bit more time teaching and a lot less time testing (but I guess that's a subject for a whole different forum ...)
fm

Post by fm »

Interestingly the KE Foundation cite showing off in the playground and the resultant bullying as the reason they are reluctant to give out a child's results.

I'm not sure it is the children's lack of modesty about which they should be worried.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Can I just say that I know that tensions can run very high in these trying circumstances, but some of this thread makes a little uncomfortable reading. I would draw attention to

Rule 1: Be Polite

This seems obvious, however, many can sometimes forget that common courtesy goes a long way to lending respect to both you and your opinions. Just because you don't see the other readers' faces doesn't mean they don't have feelings and won't be hurt by rude comments. When you read something that you find silly, rude or insulting, first assume that perhaps there is more to the post than you initially thought. Re-read it and keep in mind that tone and inflection is difficult to convey in written form. It may be that the person is attempting a joke or is exaggerating on purpose. It is best to politely request clarification before accusing someone being ignorant, a liar, or worse.