Bucks Selection Review success rates 2013 & 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

Bucks Selection Review success rates 2013 & 2014

Post by Sally-Anne »

To support those considering a Selection Review, I have uploaded to Google Drive the success rates by score for Reviews over the last two years, here: https://docs.google.com/a/elevenplusexa ... dfcWs/edit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sally-Anne

Re: Bucks Selection Review success rates 2013 & 2014

Post by Sally-Anne »

Duh! I forgot to make the link shareable. Thank you to the folk who nudged me!
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

Thank you for the link sally-anne, it gives me hope!
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

Me too mamabear , lots of luck to you too ***
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

Thanks dolly, I feel quite tearful when I think how kind and supportive this forum is, I'd be lost without it!
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

I know mamabear, I've learned so much over this weekend, looking for posts and fellow forumites that have given me some hope and inspiration. My husband expected me to spend less time on the forum ( if DD had passed) now I'm on it even more!!! I too would be lost without it, the support has been overwhelming ****
Rags

Post by Rags »

Those stats are ... well, they give hope, anyway!

Thanks for doing that - and all the hard work you put in. I've been lurking for a long time, but only decided to get a user id this round, following my child's not-quite passing. (The older two, under the old exam, passed ok, so I didn't need the support.)

Very useful information.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

SATs don't really test the same things as the 11+ exam, which it is a very specific style to which not all children are suited and some very clever struggle children struggle with the format or the timing, or both. But bear in mind that SATs levels are often a more reliable predictor of future exam success than a single 11+ test because they reflect subject-specific progress.

When DS started at GS they explained in some detail to parents (ie with charts and graphs and stats :lol: ) why an 11+ score had very little bearing on GCSE grades 5 years down the line. Conversely at DD's upper school there are large numbers of her classmates with 3 x level 5s who have gone on to get good GCSE grades in 'academic' subjects. So don't despair. :D
dino2003

Post by dino2003 »

Thanks for the replies.
Indeed we need each other support.
His teacher returned the assessment with
5C in reading and grammer..predicted 5A
5B in maths ......predicted 5A
4C in writing.....predicted 4A
And head teacher assessment 2:2.
I asked about low level in writing.
He said that is he is on.
My son said they didn't assess him in writing and he took it from my class work.
With this assessment and score of 117 do u think I should go ahead or I am wasting time in selection review.
I think why he think my son is not for grammer because of his writing level. And he is to be honest not very supportive teacher.

Should I ask the headteacher to reassess him in writing as it has been taken from school work. I am sure he will be 4B.
And if he didn't then there is any point in going for selection review.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Writing is not assessed by a test anymore so the school has used ongoing teacher assessment which is correct.