School Holidays

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nicki6567

School Holidays

Post by Nicki6567 »

So.... there we were.... 2 weeks ago, making a pact to do 1/2 hour every day throughout the half term.

Fast forward to this week, and we haven't done any 11+ practice. But we've had a brilliant week, and done all kinds of things... Cotswold Wildlife Park, Zippos Circus, Bike rides in Black Park.

So on reflection I don't feel too bad, as sometimes we've just got to let them be children.

And tomorow is another day.... bad, unkind, unfair, horrible(!), nasty, bossy Mum will be back! I'm sure he will understand one day.

Hope you've all had a lovely week.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I am a great believer in enjoying life! :D

glad you had a good half term and can return to it with recharged batteries..In the grand scheme of things he will remember the great time you had.

just don;tquote me when I am yelling at Master yoyo to do some revision for GSCEs! :wink:
andyb

Post by andyb »

Nicki I think you have done exactly the right thing :D . DS did nothing for the whole of the summer holidays last year - we went for walks, paddled in rivers, played outside - normal childhood stuff - too much pressure can backfire, I've found. He did what he thought was enough up to October (not necessarily what I thought was enough!), brushed up on his "sticky" questions until the first test and then the "other 12 types" before the second. It worked - if it hadn't then it wasn't meant to be - no point tutoring to pass a test only to flounder at a grammar school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now