waiting list rules?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
josephine

waiting list rules?

Post by josephine »

I guess it may be on the BCC website somewhere, but I couldn't see it...
What are the rules about waiting lists - in particular:

My son passed 12+ and is on waiting list for prefered school (JHGS). Does he stay on the list indefinitely, including into the next school year, without having to take 13+?
Does he stay on the list even if not at a Bucks school (eg independant school)?

Thx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You have a place at Burnham GS? Are you taking this up? If so I think you can ask to stay on a waiting list and appeal (again?) for a place in a year.

If you do not take up a GS place the qualification runs out in a year ....
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Josephine

As G55 says, he can stay on the waiting list for a year until the 12+ pass "expires". He would then need to take the 13+ in February and qualify in order to stay on the waiting list for a further year.

The 12+ result "expires" once the 13+ result is known and supercedes it. I have to say I am posting that last sentence purely because that is what common sense dictates, rather than because I have seen it written down anywhere! There are so few children involved in the process at that point that I have never put the rules under my usual microscope.

He can stay on the list regardless of where his current school is - Timbuktu is fine, but I am guessing he will be a little closer? :lol:

From what I hear in recent months, you may be quite happy with BGS, although the inconvenience will still be a major factor for you.

Sally-Anne