Other question types??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jellybaby

Other question types??

Post by jellybaby »

Are there definitely only 21 question types in Bucks? I was told today that over the last few years, more than 30 types have come up. For example, last year there were anagrams. I think the implication is that there are maybe about 21 regular types of questions, but every now and again, they throw in slightly different questions. Can anyone confirm or dispute this?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

There are only 21 types of question in the Bucks 11+.

Patricia is a tutor and I'm sure she can confirm that your source is incorrect.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Guest55 is entirely correct - there are only the same 21 types each year. If there were any others Bucks CC would be morally bound to include them in the familiarisation process.

I suspect that rumours of extra question types are started by unscrupulous tutors seeking to mystify the process and earn more money as a result.

Sally-Anne
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Jellybaby

You have without a doubt been fed incorrect information. There are 21 types and only 21 types.

Anagrams would only come up as an analogy for example siren is to [alarm risen noise ] as post is to [ stop envelope wood]

Anagrams in the form:

Colour of a fruit = EYLOLW = Yellow

Could not come up in a Multiple Choice test as the answer sheet would give the answer away.

Would be very interested to know where your information has come from. If its a tutor you have employed. Sack them.

Patricia
jellybaby

Post by jellybaby »

Can I PM you?
patricia

Post by patricia »

Yes.