moving to bucks with year5 ds -where do i start for 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
claire142

moving to bucks with year5 ds -where do i start for 11+

Post by claire142 »

am moving to bucks mid oct and thinking of 11+ -am not sure where to start .also have 2 others so need to prioratize time .any hints ideas am feeling terrified by the site and slightly rabbit in headlights .is it too late to start now ??? any help and advice gratefully recieved !!!....
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Claire142

Welcome to the site and please don't panic! :D

Focus on Year 5 DS - there is no need to do anything for the others at present.

Tutoring/coaching for the Bucks 11+ 2010 would usually start around January 2010, so you have plenty of time.

If Year 5 DS needs tutoring/coaching, and you are willing to pay for someone else to do that, you should try to find a tutor now. PM me with your location and I will see if I can find someone in your area. Some tutors will already be booked up, but others may not be.

If home-tutoring is your preferred option, look at Patricia's "Sticky" on this section on DIY/Home tutoring.

Sally-Anne
chad

Post by chad »

Try having a look at these first..

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/freque ... stions.php

see left hand side of this page for other help topics.

and this one for some DIY tips

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=4782

Any questions please come back and ask... just reply on this thread. :)

Edit :Ooops SA beat me to it
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

chad wrote:Edit :Ooops SA beat me to it
Faster than lightning, dear Chad!

(S-A dons Superwoman outfit and retires for the night - to be greeted by a very surprised husband! :shock: :lol: )
claire142

re 11+

Post by claire142 »

thanks for all the info very helpful although do feel like rabbit in headlights and think local comp a lot easier!!cheers
claire142

re panic!!

Post by claire142 »

have looked at the info on patricias e mail thanks chad -have stopped panicing and am reading -its fab thank you .
zee

Re: re 11+

Post by zee »

claire142 wrote:do feel like rabbit in headlights and think local comp a lot easier!!cheers
As well as prep for 11+, which you're presumably hoping will lead to a grammar place, you need to consider the backup plan. Some of the upper schools are very good on any measure, but a few are not, and if you have a backup that you're reasonably happy with, it's less pressure for the 11+.
claire142

re 11+

Post by claire142 »

i agree thats why we are moving i think moving for 11+ too much pressure but am hoping 2ndary schools seem good ,am hoping princes risborough top school carries on improving ofstead seems good,anyone any thoughts
Tree

Post by Tree »

if you are moving the thame/chinnor side of princes risborough you could consider an out of catchment application for lord williams in thame as your backup my daughter goes there and she loves it and if you are in top sets its not that different academically from grammar school
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Claire - you've got mail. :D

Go to the bottom of the page and click on "You have no (or X number of ) private messages" - as you have logged in and out again, I suspect it will say "no private messages".

You can set your profile to alert you to PMs either via a pop-up (or flashing cursor) when you log on, or via email to the address you used to register on the Forum.

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now