Just one day to go

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Thinking of you all.

Good luck!
Etienne
jellybaby

Post by jellybaby »

I think I'm single handedly keeping Cadbury's in business. Better sign up for Weightwatchers tomorrow!

Good luck everyone!
Hope

Post by Hope »

Well, thats the first one over with, one more to go. DS seems relieved to get this test out of the way, hopefully he won't get up sooooo early next week!!
Tree

Post by Tree »

yep also relieved my son said was hard had to guess the last few as ran out time which he hasn't had to do for a while
Shelly8

Post by Shelly8 »

My daughter found it quite hard, and she said she had to guess a few. In the practice tests she was doing really well, constantly getting 70 -75. Any indications that the test was hard today, or did she just have a bad day. Am worried now:(
Tree

Post by Tree »

well my son has been getting similar in recent tests and he said this was the hardest he's done for a while he said most of his mates felt the same i think it's usual to find first test hard as it's all little different and more stressey so wouldn't worry too much
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Tree wrote:i think it's usual to find first test hard as it's all little different and more stressey so wouldn't worry too much
You are quite right Tree - the first test is the one more often quoted as being hardest, but mainly because of the stress. The two papers are apparently very well balanced, although of course one may have more of the question types that a child likes.

DS2 found the first paper "really hard" last year, but it was the one he got the best mark on.
Shelly8

Post by Shelly8 »

I feel a bit better - but not much, LOL.
Do you get both results? ANd I assume the better of the 2 is the one that is used for entrance?
nif229

Post by nif229 »

hi Shelley8

Our DS said that the codes at the end of the paper were very hard and took him ages to work out. He said that he tho9ught that the paper was harder than usual!!

You get given both scores on 20th November. The highest is quoted as being their final verbal reasoning score.

Good luck

Nif229 :D
Shelly8

Post by Shelly8 »

Thanks nif229.

Lets hope she will be OK, and finds the 2nd paper a little easier.

Good luck to you too.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now