Two weeks and counting....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Masses of good luck to everyone, it's very clear the amount of effort and time everyone has put in, so you all deserve it :)

My son sit's his second test this Saturday so have no idea when we would find out our result's, but this lack of sleep is killing me :lol:

Hopefully your postmen all arrive delivering your post early and not at midday!x
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

On Friday, my DD's school give the results out in a sealed envelope.

I can remember from previous years watching these children coming of school with envelopes in hand, their parents forcing happy smiles on their faces and then whisking their DC off home to find out the result .....

Now it's my turn and I know I'll be like those past parents ... smile on the outside, terror on the inside :!:

Oh the joys of being a parent ... we love our DC's so dearly, wanting the best for them (whatever that may be) but from the moment they arrive we never stop worrying :roll:
Heartmum x x x
Tree

Post by Tree »

Ok i would like to do a quick poll: is your ds dd more freaked out by the 11+ or by the Dr Who episode on sun night which we thought would be a nice distraction but has resulted in trying to avoid all sources of water and not wanting to be left alone for more than a second so out of 10; 10 being completly freaked and 0 being cool :

My DS

Dr Who = 100
11plus = 5
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

@Tree - have to say my DD was totally freaked out by Dr Who, she who normally watches then goes to bed fine ... would not have a glass of water to drink and chose milk instead!

As to the 11+ ... it's more me doing the worrying here. DD actually really liked the secondary school for our area and has said she is not bothered! :roll:

Dr Who = 9.5
11+ = 5
Heartmum x x x
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

True Confessions!

I still have to hide behind the sofa sometimes during Doctor Who. :shock:
BB248

Post by BB248 »

Me too!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now