VERY LATE TESTER

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MasterChief

Post by MasterChief »

Sally-Anne wrote:
Tree wrote:and you sally anne are "the daddy" :)
Aw, crumbs Tree, I'm flattered ...

The Man in the photo, of course, being called Shirley... truely curiouser and curiouser!!!
"We've got a date with Destiny and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Why not? John Wayne's real name was Marion. :shock: :lol:
Marylou
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

My son's revision this evening didn't go too well, probably sick to death of it all! I asked him if this is how he would perform in the test to which he replied "No it isn't mummy because there is more reason for me to do it properly in the test"

I also have to go into London tomorrow so will have to rely on daddy getting him to do a little bit after school, if he remembers to!!

Just keeping thinking was it worth me even doing this? Am I bad for putting my son through all of this in such a short space of time when there is practically no hope?!
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Midget Man wrote:Just keeping thinking was it worth me even doing this? Am I bad for putting my son through all of this in such a short space of time when there is practically no hope?!
Well it sounds as though he is being fairly relaxed about it all, so I wouldn't worry. Moreover, I always think that time spent learning logic techniques, looking at vocabulary and practising your tables in preparation for these tests is never wasted.

No, of course you're not bad. Quite the opposite. Think positive. :)
Marylou
arealfarmer

Post by arealfarmer »

Midget Man wrote:That's great Marylou, I have to stop myself going over the "If only I had known earlier" scene!!

You are all a lovely bunch, your kind word's have been very nice to hear when I am more stressed and worried than I have ever been :lol:

Just to say that I am actually a SHE, my name is Charlie but my son's nickname is midget man so hence the forum name :D
Good luck MM . Sure it will be fine .

Its obvious that you are female . A man just wouldn't care what the rest of us thought . 8)
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Has not been going well the past few day's at home and he seem's to be going backward's rather than forward's so do not hold out ANY hope at all and feel as though I have let him down not knowing all the info more in advance as he is very capable of these test's, but just hasn't had any time at all, even 6 weeks notice would have given a much better chance! I know there is nothing I can do about it now so I just hope he cope's ok tomorrow and doesn't let it all get to him adn then no more revision!! :lol:
He doesn't seem particularly worried or bothered, he's been more concerned with getting his manifesto done to become part of the pupil's school council :lol:
Milla

Post by Milla »

his attitude sounds great. Stop beating yourself up!!! You have tried to move mountains and worked hard and done all you can. Don't you remember the bad rehearsal good performance mantra?? Well, learn it now. You will feel better after the test, honest! Not immediately, I wasn't prepared for how anti-climaxy I felt Sat pm 2 weeks ago (feels like a lifetime!) but by Monday you will be on your way back to being a normal human being.
Now, if you happen to be passing the gin cupboard, and your paw slides in, no-one would think badly of you!
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Well, I feel even more apprehensive about tomorrow's test than I did for his first!

Found out today that there were indeed 4 other children from his school who have all passed the 11+, but I have just told him to realise that if he doesn't pass it doesn't mean anything and that he was clearly at a much bigger disadvantage to begin with and that they probably wouldn't have passed with just 3 weeks behind them either!! He seemed to be okay with this, it's just me worrying about him I guess :lol:

I have sent a few emails to Bucks cc to try and gauge a time in which we will have to wait for the result's but to no avail, but know how busy they must be. Has anyone on here sat a slightly later test? Can you recall how long you roughly had to wait?
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

The poor lttle man was ever so worried after hearing the kids at school telling him they'd passed etc etc, really wish he didn't know before his second test :roll: He came out with a smile on his face though not as big as last week, just soo proud that he even got through it and finished and stayed together, did find this one harder.

Now all we can do is sit and wonder for god know's how long :lol:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

make an extra big fuss of him tonight!

You both deserve a treat
:D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now