results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I'm really sorry to hear your news Heartmum and Hope, but it does sound like you both have strong cases for appeal, I hope you do go down that route xx
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Ditto to Hope.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Well done to those who have passed, so sorry to hear your news, heartmum and Hope.
valliers

Post by valliers »

Much to our relief DD has passed. Good luck to everyone else and I'm thinking of all those who did not get the news they had hoped for.
I've been dipping in and out of the Forum for a couple of years now, as DD has an older brother. I took the home tutoring route for both chldren and am sure that they owe their successes at least in part to the wonderful advice I've found here. Thanks everyone!
I've always felt that I didn't really have anything to contribute to the Forum and so have not registered up until now.
However, although I'm no expert, I have been through the process twice now. I may not be able to advise others, but can at least offer support and encouragement, so will continue to look in on the Forum from time to time to see if I can give something back.
Thanks again!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Well done to Little Chinup and Little Villiers.

Heartmum and Hope, I am very sorry to hear your news. Both of your scores are so close that an appeal could well be worthwhile. As Hope knows, it is a stressful experience, but we will do all that we can to help you and make it less painful.

If you need to send any personal information via the Appeals Email Box, please do.

Sally-Anne
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Thanks 'Sally-Anne' and to everyone's kind words - it's nice to know there are people who understand and can help/advise. x x x
Heartmum x x x
Tree

Post by Tree »

hey heartmum and hope sorry to hear your news my dd failed 3 yrs ago it seemed so grim at the time and my thoughts are with you . Hope and am sure all will turn out well.

tree
nif229

Post by nif229 »

Firstly, I would like to say a HUGE congratulations to all the DC that have been selected for Grammar.

Unfortunately, our DS hasn't got the result he was looking for. But I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and we are trying to stay very positive for him. The good news is, that I spoke to the Head at DS's school and they are 150% behind an appeal. He said that if we hadn't have phoned the school, they would have phoned us. This is obviously very encouraging news.

Anyway, I truly am over the moon for all the DC that have got the result that they wanted and wish them all the luck in the world.

Etienne, my DH and I could really do with your help!!

Best Wishes

Nif229
Shelly8

Post by Shelly8 »

Congrats to all who passed, you must all be so proud.
DD missed out by 2 points, lots of tears..house is so silent:(
Not sure where to go from here:(
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Oh dear nif, I am so sorry to hear the news, but I am very glad that the school are supporting you so strongly.

The same goes for you Shelly8 - I am sorry to hear that it was such a near miss.
Shelly8 wrote:Congrats to all who passed, you must all be so proud.
DD missed out by 2 points, lots of tears..house is so silent:(
Not sure where to go from here:(
Up a few sections on the Forum to appeals ...

In brief though, the process from here is that you have to make an appointment to see the Head. He or she will then produce the "Head's summary sheet" and you can then send in the form to apply for the appeal.

You do not have to submit all your evidence with that form, which takes some of the time pressure off - you simply put "to follow" on your form where it asks for evidence to support your appeal. However, if it is humanly possibly I strongly recommend that you aim to collect all the evidence you might need before the end of term, because appeals do start on January 4th before the schools go back.

S-A
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now