Message for Worried

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Message for Worried

Post by Guest »

Dear Worried

I was glad to check back and read of your sons excellent results. I see that you obtained them from the Head in the end, I was the guest who suggested you ask!

But did you ever receive the actual letter and if so, an explanation as to where it had been?!!
worried

Post by worried »

Thanks for the message. The letter finally arrived yesterday. No explanation at all. I think, the letter I received was posted on Monday 27th though.
When I spoke to them on Monday they were keep telling me that they have posted it on Thursday and there must be some postal problem in my area. When I mentioned that how come no one in his school (12) hasn't recieved them, the lady said 'that's interesting, let me double check' then she passed the phone to someone else. The other person just said I have to wait until Tuesday, sorry for this delay, its all been posted and that was it. I seriously think, they realised that it's not posted and they quickly posted it on monday and I received it Tuesday. Doesn't sound suspicious?

As it's good news, I am not too worried now. I hope next week's slough result comes on time.

Post by Guest »

Worried, yes that does seem a bit odd....

The only reason I ask, we had a similar experience on allocation day last year i.e no letter. Infact the induction pack from the school arrived before the official offer!

Here's hoping Berks delivers on time - Good luck!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Worried

I am obviously so glad that you finally received your results, and have posted elsewhere that you are "Worried No Longer".

I wonder if you could take the time to write to Bucks to complain about the postal delivery of results? It seems that you (and the 12 in your school), usa, and others have suffered from postal delays this year. There have also been very significant postal delays in the past for both results and appeal results.

It is obviously great to get good news (or any news) and consider yourself thankful, but this is such a persistent problem that it would be good to see someone make a fuss about it.

You could save someone else (or many other people) the same misery in the future if you made a complaint? You might suggest that Bucks introduce some flexibility (and humanity) into the arrangements, so that parents could ask to receive results by email from Monday 9am?

Sally-Anne
worried

Post by worried »

What time do you go to bed Sally Ann? I just saw the time stamp on your message.

I might just write to Bucks. At first, I thought that there will be no point as I don't have any proof that they only posted it on Monday. There was no date stamp on the envelope and before the test when I contacted them a couple of times (with other queries) they have been very helpful and resolved the problems. What you said makes sense though. I don't want anyone else to go through the ame stress. Last weekend was horrible. I don't want to go through the same in 3 years time either (Yes, I have a 7 year old!!!).

Thanks Sally Ann.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now